Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I bought some steel wheels for my RTL and accidently recieved the wrong sensors. Here are the part #'s for each wheel type.

Steel wheels: 06421-S9V
Alloy Wheels: 06421-S3V (A02 is the rev I got)

Hopefully this will help someone else to get the right parts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DoctorJ said:
What is the difference?
One difference is the stem length, the alloys sensors don't get anywhere near tight on the steel rims. I will try to get photos of both, side by side when I exchange them on Tuesday. I would think they use different gaskets too, but that is speculation at the moment.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Re: TPMS sensor & lug nuts heads up (steels vs alloys)

Another thing I just found out to keep in mind. I also changed steel wheels to aluminum wheels and the Honda shop changed the pressure sensors and installed the aluminum wheels. They used the lug nuts from the steel wheels. Well, the sensor will work, but the stem is about 1/2 inch longer so if you hit a curve or something, you could bend or break them. However, the main and more important thing is that the wheel lug nuts are different. Aluminum wheels use a slightly longer lug nut, steel wheels a shorter lug nut. Make sure that you use the correct ones:eek: !

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here are a couple of shots of the Alloy TPMS along with partnumbers so I don't get them confused! :)

I will get the new sensors on Tuesday, if all goes well. I will try to get photos done Tuesday night or Wednesday.

By the way, the nut is as tight as my fingers can get it on the shaft in these photos; thats the near the minimum thickness for that sensor.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: TPMS sensor & lug nuts heads up (steels vs alloys)

gonzo's rt said:
*snip* Aluminum wheels use a slightly longer lug nut, steel wheels a shorter lug nut. Make sure that you use the correct ones:eek: !
Yes, the lugs are different too... sadly. I think the alloys are also lacking the padded shoulder to hold the plastic hub cover on that the steels use. I wonder just how many different parts are out there - anyone have the factory chrome wheels to compare? :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Super post my friend! Just the info I need when the new wheels are mounted. Thanks for the part numbers and the photos. These things are much larger than I thought. :p

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The body of the sensor unit is about 1/2" longer then the plastic body of the master keys for the ridgeline. If you look here: https://hondacuraworld.hostasaurus.com/Merchant2/instructions/ridgeline/17aluminumwheel.pdf

You will see that the sensors are to be mounted flush with the wheel. The other nifty thing I learned about them is that they don't turn on if you don't have some pressure in the tire 23lb I think it was... so having them sitting on my table for a week isn't going to drain thier batteries. My dealer is doing a straight swap for the correct units for me. :)

P.S. Glad to help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts