Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I 've checked the usual (edmund, kelly, nada) none of them list the Ridgeline. I would like to find out the value of my truck, how do I do that??

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Good question, but I'm sorta happy I can not answer:) I checked thru car max as they usually have pricing on used cars/trucks... but they have no ridgelines in thier inventory! Thats the good news...Ridgeline is so good, few must trade them in.
On the other hand, looking for any domestic (used) current year model car.. look at carmax, odds are good you would fine one or more I checked Hummer H2 for grins... they have "3" 2005's in inventory in the chicago market

·
Registered
774 Posts
It will be interesting to see what happens to trade-in values once a few get traded/sold. Not that I'm looking to sell but I'm a little concerned that the recent dramatic discounting will hurt the value of the Ridgelines sold way back in the beginning (I could buy a Nav-equipped RTL for less than what I paid for my RTL w/moonroof back in March).

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
You already know the answer to that question. Couple this with the fact that the 2006 Ridgeline is a low volume/low demand vehicle, and get ready for sticker shock at trade-in time. I would venture to say that it may have the highest depreciation factor of any Honda vehicle ever produced. Honda just plain blew it.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I still don't think they blew it quite as bad as GM, Ford, et. al. How would you like to have paid $35,000 for a vehicle just before they started thier 25%
"family" discounts. You would be lucky to get $20,00 for that vehicle less than a year later!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I don't know if Honda 'blew it' or if they released this vehicle at the wrong time (rising gas proces and deep discounts from the competitors).

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
steveberger said:
I still don't think they blew it quite as bad as GM, Ford, et. al. How would you like to have paid $35,000 for a vehicle just before they started thier 25%
"family" discounts. You would be lucky to get $20,00 for that vehicle less than a year later!
I learned the hard way with 2 Chevys... less than 50% of what I paid. Both were less than 1 year old. 04 Tahoe and 03 Trailblazer... never again!!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just for ha-has, I think I'll swing by my Honda, and ask them to give me a price and see what they say. Let you know hasta maniana.:)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I would rather take a sharp stick in my eye than trade in my truck. What will it be worth towards a 2015 Ridgeline when I finally do trade it with 250,000+ miles on it (damn, that advice on the Mobil 1 was good, thank you!), still runnin' and shinin' like new - including the Retrax, and Ok, maybe there will be a few scratches in the bed? If it's in that great shape, the only reason to trade it in would be to get the trip computer on the 2015 model that Honda finally realized that it was safe for us to play with after 10 years! Of course, maybe by then Honda will have fuel cell powered vehicles that run on sea water and are excited by a 9 volt battery :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trade value for RTL, moonroof and xm, OEM tonneau, carpets, gold emblems, metallic trim, new Infinity 6012si all four doors, window shades, tinted windows. $26500.00. Traded in tonight for a 2003 Civic LX, with a 600.00 equity on the RL. Will sure miss Silver Bullet. See you in 2008? I'll be checking in now and then. Really enjoyed everything with you good folks.:) :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Trade value for RTL, moonroof and xm, OEM tonneau, carpets, gold emblems, metallic trim, new Infinity 6012si all four doors, window shades, tinted windows. $26500.00. Traded in tonight for a 2003 Civic LX, with a 600.00 equity on the RL. Will sure miss Silver Bullet. See you in 2008? I'll be checking in now and then. Really enjoyed everything with you good folks.:) :)
Sorry you had to trade it in.

Stay with us regardless of whether you have the RL now or not. You are an owner at heart.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Tex, Sorry to hear of the trade.... Yes come back now and then to see what is up here.... At least you stayed in the Honda family:)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
No, Tex! Say it isn't so!!!:(

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Wow Tex! You've really gone and done it this time! We all will miss you and your silver bullet! Stay tuned in and best of luck with the Civic.....:)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Tex, once a ROC head always a ROC head, the same goes for good friends. Nobody ever said that you have to be a current owner to participate on the ROC. Your contributions are part of the foundation of the ROC. You have helped to shape the ROC into what it is today and what it will be tomorrow. I am sure that I am not alone in saying that I value your input. Please, stay with us! 2008 will be here before you know it. On the other hand, if you are going to rub our noses into 40 MPG and all of the trips that you will be taking, including trips to ROC meets, I don't want to hear it ;) !
I wish you the best my friend!
Catch you on the ROC!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts