Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL-E
5 Posts
First post here. Yesterday I traded in my 2021 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 for a Ridgline and I am so much happy I did it. First off, the Tacoma is a fantastic truck. Super reliable, solid, lots of tech and features but far more of a Truck than I needed. I don't tow large trailers. I don't offroad. The 4x4 was good for the tiny handful of days that we had snow in Massachusetts this winter. The Tacoma had barely acceptable seats, was very loud and bumpy. It was also very cramped for space. Our family always traveled in the wife's Tucson because it is a much more comforatable vehicle for long trips.

What shocked me is that the dealer gave me $40,000 for my Tacoma with 13k miles. I paid $36,500 when purchased new in March of 2021. Was able to pick up the Ridgline RTL-E for MSRP at 45,150.

Now regarding the Ridgline. It is by far most gentle vehicle I have owned. Very quite, comfortable spacious cabin. Driving feels like floating on a cloud vs the Tacoma. The AWD system is really a much better option for dealing with weather related driving. I've only been driving it for a short time however this vehicle feels SO much nicer than the Tacoma. It's much better suited for our needs which are hauling the kayaks, bikes, random objects. And I love all the just nice features (the truck bed storage is really useful). The only problem now is that the wife is eying my Ridgline as hers now....I may end up with the Tucson.
All the fantastic car like comforts with a bed. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Ridgeline. My wife drives ours most of the time, so I feel your pain lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wait until you use the traction control with AWD in the winter. It is insanely stable on bad winter pavement! I was driving circles around everybody.
What I like is the front wheel drive hooks up first and the electronics adds rear as required. Makes leaving stoplights with crosswalk and stop line slippery wet paint an easy challenge when a dude In a RWD truck wants to “race” with his v8. Lol. Not so much now with gas being expensive. I’ve seen more gentle drivers out and about.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I almost bought a Taco this year, but could not find the feature set I wanted. I tow a hay trailer once or twice a year, so I needed something that can pull over 4,000 lb. Ridgeline fit the bill and was available. I have been very pleased with everything, although I have not pulled hay yet. A few short trips with a golf cart on a 16 foot flatbed were pretty effortless and very predictable. Mileage dropped by about 35%, but I kind of expected that, due to the wind drag of the boxy cart. I towed a very light bass boat about 500 miles with maybe 10% mpg loss and most if the time forgot it was back there. For me, this probably the perfect ride.

·
Registered
2019 Ridgeline RTL-E and 2019 Passport Touring
10 Posts
First post here. Yesterday I traded in my 2021 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 for a Ridgline and I am so much happy I did it. First off, the Tacoma is a fantastic truck. Super reliable, solid, lots of tech and features but far more of a Truck than I needed. I don't tow large trailers. I don't offroad. The 4x4 was good for the tiny handful of days that we had snow in Massachusetts this winter. The Tacoma had barely acceptable seats, was very loud and bumpy. It was also very cramped for space. Our family always traveled in the wife's Tucson because it is a much more comforatable vehicle for long trips.

What shocked me is that the dealer gave me $40,000 for my Tacoma with 13k miles. I paid $36,500 when purchased new in March of 2021. Was able to pick up the Ridgline RTL-E for MSRP at 45,150.

Now regarding the Ridgline. It is by far most gentle vehicle I have owned. Very quite, comfortable spacious cabin. Driving feels like floating on a cloud vs the Tacoma. The AWD system is really a much better option for dealing with weather related driving. I've only been driving it for a short time however this vehicle feels SO much nicer than the Tacoma. It's much better suited for our needs which are hauling the kayaks, bikes, random objects. And I love all the just nice features (the truck bed storage is really useful). The only problem now is that the wife is eying my Ridgline as hers now....I may end up with the Tucson.
Welcome to the club and couldn’t agree more and totally understand your comments, I bought a new 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport that I quickly became disappointed in because of the ride and the transmission constantly shifting just trying to maintain a steady speed which was near impossible. The seats were hard as bricks and had limited manual adjustment, after making any trip longer than an hour my back was killing me. And don’t even get me started talking about trying to pull my 3000# boat, it wouldn’t go up a 15 degree incline faster than 35mph with the pedal to the floor and engine screaming.
Two years later I decided enough was enough and traded for a 2019 Ridgeline RTL-E and have never been happier. The difference in ride, features, gas mileage and comfort in driving is night and day. My wife hated to drive the Tacoma but after she drove the Ridgeline I has to buy her a new Passport just to keep her from driving my truck everyday.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I think the reverse is what this owner should have done.
Hi, wanted to share with you my 2017 Honda Ridgeline Project. I owned this truck since 2018 40,000 miles, decided it was time for a new look. So far my changes have been

GSWF Satin Military Olive PPF
XPEL Prime XR Plus Tint
Traxxda 2" inch lift all around
TSW Chrono wheels
Falken Wildpeak tires 265/60R18
Chrome delete still not finish

Wanted to add a a exhaust system, and some racks. Any recommendations? View attachment 426496
View attachment 426497
View attachment 426499
View attachment 426498
View attachment 426494
View attachment 426495

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have had tacoma's and a half dozen F150 lariats and I would not trade my ridgeline for a dozen of them now unless I knew for sure I could dump them before dark, just wish Honda would make a 1 ton SRW truck and the big 3 could call it a day.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have had tacoma's and a half dozen F150 lariats and I would not trade my ridgeline for a dozen of them now unless I knew for sure I could dump them before dark, just wish Honda would make a 1 ton SRW truck and the big 3 could call it a day.
It’s called Cybertruck…..unibody + independent suspension minus the engine…. :D

Reactions: securityguy

·
Registered
86 Posts
I still wonder how the Tacoma is the #1 selling truck in the USA. You can't fit a good size 4 wheeler in the bed, it's too narrow. Payload is low at 1050 - 1100 lbs for crew cab models. The A/C at idle is not that great due to the clutch fan not turning fast enough. There's actually a TSB Toyota issued where they will install an electric fan to help the A/C work better at idle when it's 90F+. I mean it's a reliable truck i'll agree to that any day but so are a lot of others that do the job better.

What really bothers me at the end of the day is a narrow bed. I mean it's 2022 and we still can't fabricate 50 inches between wheel wells.. come on. (except Ridgeline)

·
Registered
22 Ridgeline Touring
154 Posts
Wife has a 21 Tacoma as a work truck. Its great for plowing through muddy construction sites, horrible for everything else. Its loud, cramped, and the seating position is something from the spanish inquisition. I would love to have one as an expedition rig but not as a DD

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,230 Posts
I still wonder how the Tacoma is the #1 selling truck in the USA. You can't fit a good size 4 wheeler in the bed, it's too narrow. Payload is low at 1050 - 1100 lbs for crew cab models. The A/C at idle is not that great due to the clutch fan not turning fast enough. There's actually a TSB Toyota issued where they will install an electric fan to help the A/C work better at idle when it's 90F+. I mean it's a reliable truck i'll agree to that any day but so are a lot of others that do the job better.

What really bothers me at the end of the day is a narrow bed. I mean it's 2022 and we still can't fabricate 50 inches between wheel wells.. come on. (except Ridgeline)
It looks good. Never underestimate the shallowness of the masses.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It looks good. Never underestimate the shallowness of the masses.
I doubt that is the reason.

Tacoma (Hilux truck elsewhere) is super reliable…legendary reputation on par with Camrys and Corollas. Tacoma is decent on-road. Tacoma is super off-road. Tacoma has aftermarket support that is probably second to only the Jeep Wrangler. And yeah, it looks badass.

Reactions: Laststand

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,230 Posts
I doubt that is the reason.

Tacoma (Hilux truck elsewhere) is super reliable…legendary reputation on par with Camrys and Corollas. Tacoma is decent on-road. Tacoma is super off-road. Tacoma has aftermarket support that is probably second to only the Jeep Wrangler. And yeah, it looks badass.
Tacoma and HiLux are not the same truck. The truck that preceded the Tacoma was the same as HiLux. Tacoma was a new model for the North American market.

The Tacoma is a great offroad truck, but I'd bet less than 10% of them go offroad, and less than 5% actually go where a Ridgeline cannot go.

I truly believe that appearance matters greatly to most truck buyers, unless they are fiercely brand loyal. The ones who know their specific needs look deeper at the capabilities, but many (most) just buy what looks cool.

·
Premium Member
2022 WBE in Southern Florida
1,797 Posts
I love driving in the winter!
Taught my foreign wife how to drive in Alaska, using my 2005 G1. It was AMAZINGLY stable on ice (with Blizzaks). Floor it, and it would just power forward smoothly and outpace any other vehicle on the roads.

Reactions: WB77
21 - 40 of 50 Posts