Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at newer/bigger trucks for awhile now, had my 06 for just under 3 years, I've had a couple f250's prior, but sold my loaded truck to get my wife an upgrade when we had our 1st kid.

Saw a couple used trucks at the ford//dodge dealer my BIL works at. Took a hard look at a pretty nicely optioned 2008 chevy. Drove a new ram, nice truck, not my style , and no heated seats....

He's like ' let's see what we can get in an f150"

Found one with a trim level thAt had heated seats. I LOVED. It.

They gave me 8k for my 2006 rtl ( no nav). 145k miles, hail damage and some scratches. Payment on the new truck 336 a month. 36 month lease . We'll see what happens in 3 years.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Wait! So you gave them your truck and pay $336 a month for a 3 yr lease?

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
$8k for an RTL with a 145k on the clock? Seems low. I got $2k for my RT with over 380,000 miles., could have gotten more if I tried.

Good luck with the new vehicle/payment.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
$8k for an RTL with a 145k on the clock? Seems low. I got $2k for my RT with over 380,000 miles., could have gotten more if I tried.

Good luck with the new vehicle/payment.
I thought the same thing so I did a quick check on KBB. I did fair condition because he mentioned hail damage & the value was $7,368. If you do good condition the value was $8,055.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I owed about 4500 on the ridgeline (didnt put enough down when I bought it) So 3500 as a down on the F150.

I think I made out good on getting 8K, it had hail damage, a couple dings in the gate, a dent/ding in the rear pillar, and a light scratch along the bed side.

It needed rear brakes, and developed an exhaust leak in the last few weeks, Makes the thing sound like a dirt bike.

The Ridge was a great little truck, I just needed some more room, and hey factory auto headlights are nice...

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
So is this the new Aluminum F-150? Maybe you could start a thread and include some pics and what you've gained over the Ridgeline your stepping away from?

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,410 Posts
Which engine did you get? Curious to hear your choice and how it holds up. I hear the 2.7 EcoBoost moves that truck along pretty well. I drove a new Lariat and it was really nice, but ended up in a RAM as the 8 speed and 395hp were calling my name. Especially after having a hemi Durango R/T. Best of luck with it.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's got the 2.7 Eco. Had it for a week now, no idea on actual MPG yet, but it's better than the RL. I do miss the trunk though.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I bet you will be very pleased with the F-150, that 2.7 liter engine is impressive. How do you like the engine idle stop feature? Very interested to hear how it works in summertime with the AC running when you come to a stop.

For those who haven't seen it, Ford has an extremely interesting video on their website where they compare toughness of the old steel bed and the new aluminum version. They demonstrate it in vivid fashion by having people hit them with various projectiles (hockey puck, baseball, golf ball, shot put). The aluminum fared better in every case. (Very interesting by the way to see the world champ long-drive golfer hitting a golf ball at 220 mph and driving it through 2 sheets of plywood WOW).

Car and Driver tested an F-150 with the new 2.7 engine, they recorded 0-60 in 5.7 and quarter mile in 14.3....!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I bet you will be very pleased with the F-150, that 2.7 liter engine is impressive. How do you like the engine idle stop feature? Very interested to hear how it works in summertime with the AC running when you come to a stop.

For those who haven't seen it, Ford has an extremely interesting video on their website where they compare toughness of the old steel bed and the new aluminum version. They demonstrate it in vivid fashion by having people hit them with various projectiles (hockey puck, baseball, golf ball, shot put). The aluminum fared better in every case. (Very interesting by the way to see the world champ long-drive golfer hitting a golf ball at 220 mph and driving it through 2 sheets of plywood WOW).

Car and Driver tested an F-150 with the new 2.7 engine, they recorded 0-60 in 5.7 and quarter mile in 14.3....!
This is one reason the F150 sales so well. Ford goes above & beyond to prove to their customers the change they made is as good or better than what they were producing. The EcoBoost torture test videos Ford did was really impressive & showed all the V8 only Truck guys a V6 will work. Ford knew they would catch slack from Truck Guy about a V6 want do the job.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
More efficient power plant with a lighter body is the way to go! You can't add too much more power with a V8 without a huge mpg penalty. Plus, you are adding more weight besides.
Nice job, Ford!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Google ecoboost carbon issues, plenty of info there.
Also Transmission shutter issues. Neighbor has 70k miles and needs a new one.
My buddy has the 5.0, no local mom & pop garages will change plugs, even the dealer told him there is a 50/50 chance he may need to buy a new head. The spark plug threads protrude into the cylinder and can become fouled. When removing they may ruin the head threads.
ecoboost torture test is impressive, lots of miles on the motor but since it came out I've always wondered where's the transmission test.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
but since it came out I've always wondered where's the transmission test.
The same could be said for those who want to modify the revered Honda engine with no consideration for the questionable transmission.

I have yet to find one innovation that does not have a negative side. First of all, nothing is perfect.
Secondly, you have to put the complaints in perspective. If 95% of owners are pleased the 5% that are not happy will be all over the internet.

I am not saying there are no problems with EcoBoost, etc. but it is rare we get the full story on anything. Still, more info is better than not enough. And is Ford doing anything to correct these issues with the latest models? I don't know, but I do like the concept.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
My brother has a 14 Ecoboost with 14K miles with no issues...I wouldn't think it would with that few miles. Co-worker has a 13 Ecoboost with 50K miles & no issues. I've ridden in & driven both. Both ride & drive better than my Ridgeline. Both interiors are nicer...I expected that with a newer truck. Both get the same mileage as my Ridgeline.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,410 Posts
I get better mileage with my 2015 hemi V8 Ram 1500 than my wife does with her 2013 RTL. If Honda wants to do better they'll have to step up in gears. The 8 speed is why mine does so well.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally ran through my 1st tank..... Absolutely no hugh way driving, a/c on 1/2 the time...... 19.4 mpg. Better than my ridge ever got.....

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Finally ran through my 1st tank..... Absolutely no hugh way driving, a/c on 1/2 the time...... 19.4 mpg. Better than my ridge ever got.....
And not surprisingly, probably a whole lot better than an '06 F150 got as well. :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
And not surprisingly, probably a whole lot better than an '06 F150 got as well. :)
My 1980 Ford 1/2 ton full size pick up with the big 300 6 cylinder and 3 on the floor routinely got 19-22 on the highway and as good as the RL in town. :).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts