Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my 09 Ridgeline RT with 46 k miles on the clock to a 2015 GMC Canyon, Black with black leather, crew cab, SLT trim package, truck of the year motor trend, was chevy. Colorado, the GMC is a more dressed up version.
BUYER'S REMORSE? Absolutely None!! This is a sweet heart truck, bluetooth, satelite radio, can receive texts thru the radio, love all the features, 305 horsepower, 6 speed automatic, getting around 20 m.p.g. right from the get go.
I enjoyed the ridgeline, specially the trunk inside the bed, will miss that feature.
So long friends.
Jimmy

·
Registered
634 Posts
I've heard that the new Colorado/Canyons are great trucks. How about posting up some pics?

Just curious... how much did they give you for your RL?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have to admit the Colorado/Canyon looks like a very sweet ride. If I was in the market for a replacement ride I would definitely give serious consideration to one.

I'd like to know how you managed to only put 49K miles on your Ridgeline since 2009!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I test drove a colorado last week and was not impressed. The tech features and interior quality are impressive. Love the great backup camera, stereo, usb ports all over.

but the truck really feels like a small size pickup truck not a midsize. The backseats are cramped even with the double cab. I am only 5'8" and I had problems fitting in the back. Even upfront felt a little cramped width wise. I guess if you didn't need the space it wouldn't be an issue but thats why you buy the ridgeline in the 1st place isn't it?

also the 4wd is the either on or off type. I had this on my old explorer and hated it. When leaving for the day in the winter you either need to decide if you want to turn it on 4x4 and suck up a bunch of gas all day or leave it in 2wd and risk loosing traction and getting in an accident. It is an on the fly switch but if you start spinning out your not going to be able to turn it on fast enough. I feel like the auto 4wd is much better for daily driving situations.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Last I looked....if I recall correctly, the starting price for the LT model in a 4x4 was upper 30s. Fully loaded LTZ I believe were into the 40s. Too much for me, especially for that type of vehicle. I'd imagine the GMC would be slightly more. I really would like to ride in one or test drive one, but I don't know. It will be interesting to see how the quality holds up after a few years. Too soon to tell on that stuff.

·
Administrator
16,047 Posts
Last I looked....if I recall correctly, the starting price for the LT model in a 4x4 was upper 30s. Fully loaded LTZ I believe were into the 40s. Too much for me, especially for that type of vehicle. I'd imagine the GMC would be slightly more. I really would like to ride in one or test drive one, but I don't know. It will be interesting to see how the quality holds up after a few years. Too soon to tell on that stuff.
Yup. Many complained about the Ridgeline's price, but it was really quite a bargain when you compare feature for feature.

Also, don't forget that those Coloranyons that sticker in the 30s and 40s will be able to be bought in the 20s and 30s due to those deep domestic discounts. A few months after the current-generation Silverado/Sierra went on sale, discounts amounting to thousands of dollars had already started. It's not uncommon to get $6-10K off the sticker on a new one today.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would say if the new Gen 2 shows up it will be at least $35,000 lowest model and pushing over $43,000 on the cream puff.
When I went for a test drive they gave me an out the door price of $37,000. This is for the double cab 4x4 v6 with the the Z71 package (I think). I believe all the tech features where standard (backup camera, touchscreen, remote start). It also had heated seats. This price seemed similar to an RTL and similarly equipped. Although I should note that the colorado didn't have a bed cover over any kind of bed liner.

They had a $1000 discount going on all vehicles but nothing special on the colorado like they had on the silverados they were offering huge discounts on. It sounded like there was a high demand for the colorado/canyons and there wasn't going to be big discounts for at least 6months - year.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
When I went for a test drive they gave me an out the door price of $37,000. This is for the double cab 4x4 v6 with the the Z71 package (I think).
I would think the Z71 package makes a big difference. Be nice to know if you have it or not. Or maybe there all Z71s now I don't know. Do they still put the decal on the box sayin its a Z71.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got 15100 trade in, plus a fat discount. Own 5 vehicles, put 32k miles on the ridge runner in 3 years, it had 14k on it when i bought it jan. 2012. Wanted a loaded truck with navigation etc. saved a bunch on sales tax by trading it in. ORdered a Leer tonneau cover for the new Canyon. you only live once and i'm 71, so aint trying to take it with me.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,581 Posts
Congrats Jimmy. Hope you enjoy your new ride. How about some pics please?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would think the Z71 package makes a big difference. Be nice to know if you have it or not. Or maybe there all Z71s now I don't know. Do they still put the decal on the box sayin its a Z71.
Oh yes, the Z71 stickers are still on the rear quarter of even the new Colorados.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Agree....please drive this Colorado for a few days and then give us a good comparison of what you think after just giving up your RL. I would be very interested to see your thoughts. OTD for 37k seems like you got a pretty good deal, hope you like it!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I still don't have the confidence in GM products that I have in Hondas and Toyotas. Years of experience with GM versus the past 15 or so years with Japanese products makes it hard for me to want to go back. That may change one day, but I'm still not ready to switch back.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Traded my 2008 RTL last year with 45K on it for a Buick Enclave Premium with every option I could get. Nice ride, all the bells and whistles, rides and handles very well...............but it ain't no Ridgeline. Buyer's remorse, you betcha. I anticipate that I will be in line to buy the first 2016 RL when it comes out. Oh, and I'll only be 70 in March!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Agree....please drive this Colorado for a few days and then give us a good comparison of what you think after just giving up your RL. I would be very interested to see your thoughts. OTD for 37k seems like you got a pretty good deal, hope you like it!
When the new Silverados came out last year my cousin got a brand new Z71 Silverado Double cab for $41K. My point is that $37k is getting very close to the price of the full size truck. Why not buy the full size when you're that close?

·
Registered
124 Posts
When the new Silverados came out last year my cousin got a brand new Z71 Silverado Double cab for $41K. My point is that $37k is getting very close to the price of the full size truck. Why not buy the full size when you're that close?
Hmmm.....

Different strokes! Some would prefer a smaller ride with more features for many reasons. Some come to mind:
Small person
Small garage
Gas consumption
Off roading track size
Off roading break over angles (wheelbase)
Comfort in driving big vs. small
Want to snuggle with your wife and it didn't work so well in your last vehicle, an H1.
etc
etc

1 - 20 of 42 Posts