Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time Toyota owner but was not happy with the 05 Long Bed Double Cab.
Traded for the RTS. Seems better for my needs in every way.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the ROC, verywally.
I had a Tundra until my daughter totaled it. Decided to go with the Ridgeline for a replacement and I like it much better.

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the ROC family verywally..we're glad you're here. Congrats on the new ride and enjoy.
Please come back often and post pictures. We LOVE pictures. :)
Welcome newbie ROC-head!!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
verywally said:
Hi verywally and welcome to the club. The Toyota was on our buy list until I test drove the Ridge. Glad to have another convert. Enjoy the ride.:p

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
verywally said:
Smart move! ;) , Welcome to the ROC:cool:

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome to the club and congrats on your new truck.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Congrats on the new Ridgeline, I am sure you will enjoy it as much if not more than that Tacoma ;), but likely for very different reasons.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was a long time Toyota truck owner and I also traded an 05 Tacoma Double cab in on an RTS (back on Memorial Day weekend). There is truly no comparison. The Ridge is FAR superior!! Welcome verywally!!:D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
It just goes to show you how good this truck really is. The Tacoma is a great truck, and has been for many years, and four? generations. Yet people are trading in practically new Tacomas for the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
479 Posts
shovelhd said:
It just goes to show you how good this truck really is. The Tacoma is a great truck, and has been for many years, and four? generations. Yet people are trading in practically new Tacomas for the Ridgeline.
Yup, I agree. Having owned 4 Toyota trucks, I can say they are great trucks. But, I TOO traded a Tacoma for my RTL W/Navi. Mine was an '04. I really wanted more luxury / convenience features. Leather, Navigation, Sunroof, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors, Power Driver's Seat, Power rear window just to name the big ones.

I had my heart set on the new '05 Tacoma. I loved that truck when I first saw it. But as soon as I got my hands of the list of available features, I was very disapointed to learn it didn't offer ANY of these features! Not to mention, that the standard array of air bags, Traction control, and other safety features were OPTIONAL on the Taco. Meaning, unless you were lucky enough to find one in dealer stock with the safety features, you will have to order one. So, Toyota lost my business.

So, I went to the nissan dealer. Was looking at the fully loaded Titan, just so I couold get Navigation, Leather, Heated Seats, and a sunroof (42K). But, I am poor, so Nissan lost my business.

Then I heard about the ridgeline.

Now I am a little in debt, but I got every feature I wanted. And I couldn't be happier. I am really glad this truck came along when it did.

fins

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome verywally! I am sure you will be happy with your new truck. I was looking seriously at the 05 DC Tacoma as well, and almost bought it. I went to the Honda dealer to test drive the Ridgeline just to ease my mind....and sure enough, for me, the Ridgeline was all of the things I wanted in a truck. IMHO, Toyota missed the boat on many things....Honda didn't! Now...post some pics of your new ride!

TS

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
If the RL would have fallen flat on its face I would be driving an 05 Taco as well.

Man I'm glad Honda built a good truck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts