Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did the trailer hitch thing and it went pretty well..Had a tough time mounting the hitch but I had no help and used a jack to assist me lifting it into position. The wires are on the drivers side rear taped down with some blue tape. I actually found two places it was taped and removed both..Tough getting fingers in there..Fat finger dudes you can forget it.. Get someone else to do it. I pulled about 8-10 inches of wiring down. Getting the dummy connector off requires patients and good eyesight. Bought the OEM wiring kit too..It's expensive but your light wont work with out it. There's a few fuses to add under the hood and there's this controller thing with relays you have to plug in to some connectors under the dash on the right hand side of the steering wheel. There;s also another relay that is added to three existing relays next to the left hand panel that pulls off from the side. You access these relays from the bottom too. Anyways it all works and all is good.:act030:

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,279 Posts
Good job soultrain.

There are some hitch installation posts here that show using large (2 or 3 ft) zipties to assist the solo hitch installation. They work great!

There were pics in a thread how the zip ties were used, but the pics have disappeared. IAC, run them through the center bolt hole on either side of the frame and also in the center bolt holes of the hitch. Zip em up close to start the bolts and then cut the ties to finish the job. Thanks to KeS for the zip tie trick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts