• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,658 Posts
I think the key is proper loading of the trailer and keep within the load limits (including tongue wt) of your truck. I think the main drawback of a LDH is if you improperly adjust it and have too little weight on the front of the truck, you can have handling problems.

Remember that you have decreased limits if you anticipate towing in higher altitudes too.... something like 2% per thousand feet. So at 5000 ft (Denver), you're down 10%. There are also speed limits in the towing section too... 62mph ... or 55 mph if towing a camper style trailer.

I suggest you study the towing section of your OM thoroughly and hope you have a pleasant towing experience!

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,658 Posts
I see this thread started out pertaining to Gen2 RL's. Do all the advice/pointers equally apply to the Gen1 RL's, other than the advanced lane departure technology of course? I'm about to become a camper trailer towing person for the first time in my aged life and the camper dealer is recommending a Camco ReCurve R3 weight-distributing hitch setup. Cost about $500 installed. Is it not really needed ? Thanks
@McChizzle would be a good resource to answer that. Let's see if he shows up. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.