Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a trailer wiring harness kit for my 2012 Sport. The install seems easy enough but my question is do I have to install the trailer brake portion or can the lights only part of the kit be installed.I only plan on towing smaller things like utility trailer or small boat, so I don't have the need for the brake part of the kit. If it is possible that is.

· Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,588 Posts
You probably can, but I would not recommend doing that. Be considerate to the next owner of your Ridgeline who will be thinking that the trailer wiring harness was installed correctly and end up in a world of hurt and not know why. I recommend taking the time to install the harness correctly because what you are messing with is ultimately a safety thing that could impact someone else, if not yourself, down the road. A person's trailer has a habit of getting bigger and bigger every five years or so (as one's family grows).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.