Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Tranny Leak

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  swampler 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Good news I swung a great deal on my RTL-Navi on Friday. Bad news, I gotta tranny leak :mad: It's not constant and only drips enough to leave a 1 inch spot on the driveway but this isn't what I expected. I've made and appointment this morning with the service dept and I'll let you know what they say is the root cause.

Just in case anyone was wondering, no, this wasn't driver induced. No off-roading involved. I picked up my ridge with 5 miles on it and have babied it to 70 miles now. Rpm's have barely gone over 3k. This has to be a manufacture/dealer issue.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks Bell,

Yeah it did sux for Tux to visit the service dept so early.

However, the good news is that she's all fixed. Here's the official diagnosis from the service contract. Sorry my scanner is down now but it'll be easy to type it verbatim:

"Verified customers concern fluid leaking from transmission.
Found pressure port crushwasher leaking.
Replaced liner pressure port crushwasher and cleaned oil as best possible.
Roadtest confirmed repairs.
OK at this time."

Anyone has an idea what a crushwasher on a pressure port is? Anything to worry about? I've rebuilt an engine or two in my day but never remember a crushwasher and never worked on and AT. On my old mustang I could replace the clutch in an easy 30 minutes. I used to burn em out alot so I had a process down.

#3 ·
Tux said:
Anyone has an idea what a crushwasher on a pressure port is? Anything to worry about? I've rebuilt an engine or two in my day but never remember a crushwasher and never worked on and AT. On my old mustang I could replace the clutch in an easy 30 minutes. I used to burn em out alot so I had a process down.

There's a few of them. They are used to connect a oil pressure gauge to for diagnostics. They all have sealing washers on them to be replaced everytime the bolts are removed. Sounds like you just got a bad washer or maybe it wasn't tight.

#4 ·
I've had my Ridgeline only two weeks and it's leaking a reddish fluid in my garage.I brought it to the dealer a few days ago and they said they could find nothing wrong.I will now be bringing it back for an overnight visit.Suprised a new Honda could be leaking something with so few miles on it...

#7 ·
Third time to dealer with loaner provided they finally pinpointed the leak. The drivers side power steering gasket was leaking P.S. fluid. Repaired under warranty-no charge.

#9 ·
RidgeR said:
Sorry to here that. Mine is almost out of warranty. I hope nothing like this comes about.
Same here. I've been leak free (knock on wood), but I am about to add more coolant for the 2nd time since I've owned the RL. :eek: This kind of bothers me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.