Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my D starting blinking a few days ago and i have done extensive research here and elsewhere but can't find the answer.
I have not had it diagnosed yet but was thinking of just replacing both the s3 and s4 switches. Are they interchangeable or specific? There's only one on amazon but it doesnt specify s3/s4, and the ones on advancedAuto only says upper/lower.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Have it scanned for a DTC code.
See post #7 here for DTC codes for the flashing D.....it could be a number of things, so I would get it scanned......Link.

Edit: Have you checked the fluid level per the manual?

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I would order from your dealer, or one of the dealers that have online sales. I wouldn't order from Amazon - you might end up with a part made of chinesium. Not something I'd want controlling my multi-thousand dollar transmission.

Chip H.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
About 4-5 years ago I faced the same situation on my wifes Pilot. The switches are different internally, externally they were identical in appearance. As I recall the packaging was not clear as to which was which either, but there was some color markings that I matched to each one as I removed them; sorry I don't remember what/where these color markings were.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts