Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

G2 transmission issues: Select the option that matches your Speed/drivetype/issue.

• 6spd - FWD - Solenoid replaced

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6spd - FWD - Torque converter replaced

• 6spd - FWD - Transmission replaced

• 9spd - AWD - Solenoid replaced

• 9spd - AWD - Torque converter replaced

• 9spd - AWD - Transmission replaced

• 9spd - FWD - Solenoid replaced

• 9spd - FWD - Torque converter replaced

• 9spd - FWD - Transmission replaced

• Total voters
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RT Ridgeline ~ Luna Silver
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Symptomatic 2017 transmissions after the SB has been applied have shown no more symptoms. Transmissions of later model years now with the software update have shown no symptoms. So, please pardon my saying this, but it sure seems kind of....................well, silly, at least to me, to think gloom and doom at this point in time?

Bill
👆🏻—— You know...he may be onto something... —— 👆🏻

·
Registered
986 Posts
I've had BOTH trannys and technically needed 3 votes: I voted 6 speed AWD Solenoid replaced (the 2nd-3rd pressure switch to be exact - cost me $54 and about 45 mins of time). BUT also could add a regular drain + a 3x drain and fill, software update on the 6 speed and on the 9 speed - no issues (only 9,100 miles so far).

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I've had BOTH trannys and technically needed 3 votes: I voted 6 speed AWD Solenoid replaced (the 2nd-3rd pressure switch to be exact - cost me $54 and about 45 mins of time). BUT also could add a regular drain + a 3x drain and fill, software update on the 6 speed and on the 9 speed - no issues (only 9,100 miles so far).
I did my best. Lol 😆

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
If Honda does a drain and fill and software update and then the transmission goes out after warranty expires, who pays? Nissan just told my niece that her 2015 Rogue w/ 100k miles needs a new tranny for about $5 grand. That kind of money, may as well trade before the warranty runs out.
The Nissan forum i saw was "littered" with Rogue CVT transmissions going out. And there's "no way I'd own one past the warranty". And i quote that because those cvt's suck in any car IMO.

Steve

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
👍🏻

·
Registered
1 Posts
In addition to the Torque converter shudder @1800rrpm, which the dealer says is normal, now I am experiencing no engagement in reverse (5 to 6 seconds) on cold starts after it sits about 2 to 3 days. If the dealer won't fix the known problem, I have my doubts whether I will get any satisfaction on this one.
My 2017 has approximately 138,000 miles, and I have begun experiencing a similar shudder in that range of RPM. Is there a reasonably priced solution?

·
Administrator
15,675 Posts
My 2017 has approximately 138,000 miles, and I have begun experiencing a similar shudder in that range of RPM. Is there a reasonably priced solution?
My recommendations in the following order are:

1. Try a "flush" (3x drain and fill).
2. Pay to have the software updated (assuming TSB 17-025 hasn't been applied) and flush again.
3. Pay to have the torque converter or transmission replaced. BIG BUCKS!
4. Live with it - if it's the judder addressed by TSBs 17-025 and 17-026, it won't damage the transmission according to Honda
5. Sell or trade the vehicle.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts