Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed today that there is some oil residue where the engine and transmission meet. No drips in the garage. Anything to worry about? The second pic might be where it’s coming from. That goes over to the other front wheel cv axle?

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never checked it (19k miles) so I don’t have anything to compare it to. I can pull the full plug and check it. I assume it’s like the rear - if it’s dribbling out while running, it’s full.

·
Administrator
14,022 Posts
Others have reported seeing stains at the bottoms of the transmissions including myself on my 2019. The general consensus is that it's assembly lube that melts and seeps out. There's a thread on this, but I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wiped it off and will check again during my next oil change. Thanks for the heads up! I’ll try to find the thread. To settle my nerves, it was rather sticky and didn’t seem fresh.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I have never checked it (19k miles) so I don’t have anything to compare it to. I can pull the full plug and check it. I assume it’s like the rear - if it’s dribbling out while running, it’s full.
You're referring to the differential in the back, the transfer case is the same (drips out from the fill plug). The transmission is not like that. It takes roughly 3.3 quarts between drain and fill. I would use the dipstick to see if you’re at the right level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts