Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Ridgeline will shudder occasionally when moving the shift lever from Park to Drive. Doesn't happen all the time but enough to be annoying. The truck goes into gear after the shudder of a few seconds.

Suggestions - thank you. :frown:

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,636 Posts
My 2014 Ridgeline will shudder occasionally when moving the shift lever from Park to Drive. Doesn't happen all the time but enough to be annoying. The truck goes into gear after the shudder of a few seconds.

Suggestions - thank you. :frown:
I'm having a problem visualizing your issue. I typically get a barely perceptible double bump when I shift from P or R to D, but I don't think that's what you mean.

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,894 Posts
Is it something you could record with a smartphone or have someone else record from outside when it occurs. Is it every time or infrequent, while parked on a level surface or on a slope front facing (forward slope) or back facing (backward slope)

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,636 Posts
Most of problems are caused by not using OEM atf. If any other fluid is used flush it out manually, drain and fill 4times. NO power flushes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Driving between changes and exercising all gears including reverse!

· Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,176 Posts
Definitely the motor mounts. Mine has about 130k and they're just about ready to be changed. For me it's really only noticeable when I put the transmission into reverse from park.
OP has a 2014. I doubt his motor mounts are gone after only 2-3 years of operation. I have an 07 with 155k on the clock and my mounts are still just fine.

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,894 Posts
Not Necessarily, I know some have had Motor Mounts go within the 3yr/36k and had them done under the Factory Warranty. OP should check into that...

· Registered
4 Posts
My 2011 RTL has had this type "shudder" between gear shifts since I've had it new & I've had Honda dealer do all service since they reduce the retail price to my satisfaction and OEM parts. I had 140k miles now and will check my motor mounts just to be sure though. Are this motor mounts easy to replace if I have a engine crane?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.