Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,885 Posts
This is the first I've heard about OBDLink LX. I have been successfully using Torque Pro and a generic ELM327 adapter to monitor my vehicle info. (up until recently when my OBD 2 adapter will no longer connect in my RL or Pilot, only connects to my old '99 Civic).

For $50, I might be willing to try it out. Any comparisons to Torque Pro?

Meanwhile, you may be interested in the following thread:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...9-engine-coolant-trans-fluid-thermal-map.html

Edit: I ordered one of the OBDLink LX adapters. I'll see if it fixes my OBD2 adapter connection issue with my el-cheapo ELM327 adapters.

·
Super Moderator
22,885 Posts
Update: I found the problem!

Naturally, I fixed it within 24 hours of getting tired of the issue and ordering an expensive OBD2Link adapter to replace the suspected faulty el-cheapo ELM327 adapter in my Honda Ridgeline.

OBDLink? LX Bluetooth | OBDLink? ? OBD Solutions

Here is what I found. Hint: I wear a Pebble Steel connected watch (bluetooth).

On the Torque home page (where you can access realtime info, fault codes, map view, etc.) there is a menu buttton where you can view/change settings, vehicle profile, and quit.

Under settings, the 5th choice down is OBD2 adapter settings. Under bluetooth settings, there is an option to choose bluetooth device. When I looked at that, I found 2 choices, my Pebble Steel and my OBD2 adapter, neither of which was checked.

Once I checked the box for the OBD2 adapter, it connected within seconds and resumed normal operation.

That being said, it defies logic why the old Civic connects right away with TPro and never has an issue. I'll be driving the Civic in an hour or so and will check this to see if that OBD2 adapter stays checked.

When I switch vehicles, I typically have to unpair from the OBD2 adapter in one vehicle and pair to the adapter in the vehicle in the next vehicle I'm driving. That's somewhat inconvenient, but I figure is the price I pay for using these cheap $10 ELM327 adapters.

With the new OBD2Link LX adapter coming, I hope that will not be an issue for the Ridgeline any longer.

And since my vehicles all use the 9141-2 protocol, I turned off the scan by selecting that protocol for all 3 vehicle profiles.

·
Super Moderator
22,885 Posts
I haven't tried it yet. I'll try to get around to it soon. I'm playing with the app a little right now.

Just curious where you got the info about this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The snapshots from the repair manual I'm not sure how you could calibrate a meter to the voltage output

·
Registered
235 Posts
Has anybody been able to get a reader to give Tranny temps?

I received a BlueDriver unit today. https://www.bluedriver.com/
I'm pretty sure their website said I could get tranny temps during my pre-purchase scan of their site. I was able to pair both my Android phone &Tablet but it will only connect to the Tablet. I needed to do a firmware update to get it working with my Ridgeline.

I'm now trying to figure out if it is me, the BlueDriver unit / app or my devices that are causing the problem.
In the meantime, I've passed it over to the better half to give a try with her Apple stuff on an older Benz.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I can't find transmission temp on my BlueDriver either and I don't understand how ScanGuage or OBDLink is showing it. Seems that if it can be read by one it should be read by all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
IIRC, on the BlueDriver you have to create a custom parameter to read the trans temp. There's a post with the instructions on how to do it, but I can't find it right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts