Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Don't know of a single member or owner that has one of these kits installed.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I didnt know they offered a rear lift for the ridgeline, that's interesting.. 2" lift in front and back would be interesting to see.. much more aggressive look i would imagine with the right tires..

·
Registered
928 Posts
I didnt know they offered a rear lift for the ridgeline, that's interesting.. 2" lift in front and back would be interesting to see.. much more aggressive look i would imagine with the right tires..
Do your homework plex.

They don't have a 2 inch kit front or rear for Gen2. That is old video footage for a gen 1.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I would be happy with 1" more ground clearance under the engine so I'd be fine with a 1" front lift and less change to the angle of the drive axles. But as Mr.Black noted on the Truxxx thread, the OEM studs on the upper strut mount require 1.5" of clearance, so that's the minimum size spacer offered in current leveling kits.

If I'm reading the Traxda website correctly, they are only taking contact information from G2 RL owners to let them know when they have kits available for 2017 Ridgelines. In other words, "to be announced"...

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I would be happy with 1" more ground clearance under the engine so I'd be fine with a 1" front lift and less change to the angle of the drive axles. But as Mr.Black noted on the Truxxx thread, the OEM studs on the upper strut mount require 1.5" of clearance, so that's the minimum size spacer offered in current leveling kits.

If I'm reading the Traxda website correctly, they are only taking contact information from G2 RL owners to let them know when they have kits available for 2017 Ridgelines. In other words, "to be announced"...
I don't have my new truck to look at the front end, so I cannot picture what you are talking about, but the question that pops into my mind is, How are the stock bolts fitting if 1.5 inches is needed? :|

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
^^^Mr. Black explained it in the other thread and posted a nice picture of the strut which showed the problem, starting with post #165. I had to read it a couple times and think about it before I completely understood it, but his diagnosis is spot on:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/193-2g-tires-wheels-suspension/146233-truxxx-1-5in-level-kit-now-accepting-orders-17.html

The Truxxx spacers are bolted to the upper strut mounts using the stock bolts that are pressed or welded into the upper strut plate. If the spacer were thinner than 1.5", the bolts would be smashing against the body mounts for the struts. To use a 1.0" spacer, you would have to cut off about 1/2" of the stock bolts and use a shorter fastening nut assembly. However, if the stock bolts are simply pressed into the upper strut plate like wheel studs, then maybe the stock bolts could simply be replaced with shorter ones that would fit with a 1" spacer, but I suspect those stock bolts are spot welded in place.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
but I suspect those stock bolts are spot welded in place.
bummer. What is that collar type of spacer on the nut? Is that part of the nut or is it just a spacer? I even think (from the comfort of my couch...) that the bottom of the kit could be notched out and it would no longer hit on the bottom. I don't know what the clearance is on the truck, is there room?
I know it's only a half inch but someone said they had some cement in the bed and it was sagging quite a bit, a full load would be pointing up. I will be pulling two trailer currently, neither one is even close to the max towing but I am planing on getting a boat in the future, a Trophy 1802 which are about 3000-3500 loaded with a trailer. I kneeled on the bumper of a G2 and it dropped at least an inch. I am only 210lbs. So 350lb tongue weight will affect it quite a bit more.

is the traxda and truxxx kit the same?

·
Registered
928 Posts
but someone said they had some cement in the bed and it was sagging quite a bit
IIRC that poster said they had the bags of concrete intentionally loaded behind the axle. I have no idea why you would do that other than to try and prove a point that the suspension will sag. 500 pounds ahead of the axle will not sag this thing way down. Just my .02

This is a cut and dry situation. If you are going to load this thing down a lot like as in more than 10% of the time or drive at night alot with heavy loads then DON'T buy a leveling kit.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bummer. What is that collar type of spacer on the nut? Is that part of the nut or is it just a spacer? I even think (from the comfort of my couch...) that the bottom of the kit could be notched out and it would no longer hit on the bottom. I don't know what the clearance is on the truck, is there room?
I know it's only a half inch but someone said they had some cement in the bed and it was sagging quite a bit, a full load would be pointing up. I will be pulling two trailer currently, neither one is even close to the max towing but I am planing on getting a boat in the future, a Trophy 1802 which are about 3000-3500 loaded with a trailer. I kneeled on the bumper of a G2 and it dropped at least an inch. I am only 210lbs. So 350lb tongue weight will affect it quite a bit more.

is the traxda and truxxx kit the same?

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
...I even think (from the comfort of my couch...) that the bottom of the kit could be notched out and it would no longer hit on the bottom. I don't know what the clearance is on the truck, is there room?...is the traxda and truxxx kit the same?
The problem is that the stock mounting bolts on the upper strut plate will protrude beyond the base of a spacer disk that is only 1" thick. When you place the new strut base up against the body mounts, those stock bolts will stick out about a half-inch, interfering with the proper seating of the strut. That's why the stock bolts would have to be shortened first.

I don't think Traxda has any kits out yet for the 2017 RL.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
The problem is that the stock mounting bolts on the upper strut plate will protrude beyond the base of a spacer disk that is only 1" thick. When you place the new strut base up against the body mounts, those stock bolts will stick out about a half-inch, interfering with the proper seating of the strut. That's why the stock bolts would have to be shortened first.

I don't think Traxda has any kits out yet for the 2017 RL.
I didnt realize that part is the top. I thought it connected to the lower control arm. :frown:

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
By golly, the Traxda website is now showing a whole array of lift kits for the 2017 RL, even a 2.5" front lift. Not sure why those didn't pop up last time I looked. Gonna be interesting to see how they work out...

·
Registered
566 Posts
wow, 3 inch lift total possible...

with an added 1.5" rear

starts looking a lot more aggressive!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I wish i would have waited for the traxda kit, i want a 3" lift with huge tires..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone pulling the trigger? I wouldn't mind swapping our my Truxxx for the Traxda for the bigger lift. I would prefer a 2.5in/3in front with a 2in rear though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts