1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
388 Posts
2 1/2 front, 1 1/2 rear and looks darn good in the pics. Nice to see more stuff rolling out and an option that doesn't leave out the rear.
I can easily see this on my truck when the stock tires wear out.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hmmm, this kit looks promising and much more aggressive than Truxx kits. That being said... I wouldn't get this done until I had new wheels/tires to go onto my RL. I would hate to look like I'm driving a "lifted golf car w/ stock tires" around town. LOL!

Good find, BTW! The videos on the part's page are pretty informative. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,040 Posts
My son was salivating when I showed him the video above. He had a 4-Runner which he lifted 2.5 inches. He said I could finally get my man card with that lift and wheels. The RL would actually look like a truck.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Here is a link to a dealership selling a 2017 lifted 2.5 inches. I don't know if this particular kit is a Traxda kit installed, but I supose the Traxda kit is the only one going 2.5"?

New New 2017 Honda Ridgeline For Sale | Clarksville near Lousiville | VIN: 5FPYK3F59HB011326
it doesn't look lifted.
ah ha! first few pics, not lifted (or so it seems) other pics lifted.

17 inch KMC Wheels and Toyo 245/65R17
2.5 inch lift
17"? I wonder if that is a typo. just looked it up, 29.6" tall. nice.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Here is a link to a dealership selling a 2017 lifted 2.5 inches. I don't know if this particular kit is a Traxda kit installed, but I supose the Traxda kit is the only one going 2.5"?

New New 2017 Honda Ridgeline For Sale | Clarksville near Lousiville | VIN: 5FPYK3F59HB011326
Damn... those guys raided the accessories bin, didn't they?!?! LOL!

This is the first time I've seen the "sport grille" that you can find on Bernardi's page on a truck that you can view the entire vehicle and not just the front. It's definitely more bold and "in your face" than the OEM grille! I'm diggin' it!! :grin:

The KMC wheels look good, too!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Good question and I have no idea, but it looks like they have a number of options for those who may be worried.
1.5" front/.5" rear
2" front/1" rear
2.5" front/1.5" rear
Traxda has been making lift kits for the RL since the beginning of the G1 years... I think they've got a handle on stress point issues and what not. At least, I hope! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,040 Posts
My son is attempting to convince me to purchase this kit with extra plates. He even offered to pay one-half of the cost. I would keep the OEM wheels though because I am not fond of black rims on silver vehicles.

·
Registered
741 Posts
My son is attempting to convince me to purchase this kit with extra plates. He even offered to pay one-half of the cost. I would keep the OEM wheels though because I am not fond of black rims on silver vehicles.
Keep the OEM wheels, but you'll want more aggressive/off-road capable wheels to fill out the wheel wells better if you do the lift. Otherwise, you'll look like a "lifted low-rider." :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i emailed traxda and asked them about any problems they ran into or I should expect about the lift and this is what they said.

"Great question! and perfect timing, since we have had a 17 Ridgeline torn apart all week at the shop.

The previous Ridgeline had adjustable camber at the spindle. The 2017 does not have this. This is probably the issue you are concerned about.
We have created a solution however, and we should be shipping the new version later this week. Our new for 2017 kit with have adjustable camber built in.

This is the major issue with the new Ridgeline. There are other minor changes, but this is the most significant one. We have also changed the rear design to a much easier to install design.

All Ridgeline kits shipping from Traxda will have the new design updates by next week. Since we manufacture everything in house, we can roll out design changes very very quickly.

Cheers
Greg"

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Camber adjustment is only one issue. I would think the change in drive axle/CV angle would be more consequential with a 2.5" lift. Early failure or excessive wear on those components could present some challenging warranty issues.

I do like the part about the rear lift being much easier to install. If a person finds the 1.5" leveling kits result in too much rear sag with moderate loads in the bed, adding the Traxda 0.5" rear lift might be a simple solution and would bring the rear clearance closer to 10".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I checked their website again and they took off the 2.5" lift that they offer. Instead the highest lift they offer is a 2" front and 2" rear. I wasn't given any warranty from the dealership I bought my RL from and I chose not to buy any so I'm not really concern about any warranty. I'll ask them about that drive axle/CV angle and see what they say about that.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i emailed traxda and asked them about any problems they ran into or I should expect about the lift and this is what they said.

"Great question! and perfect timing, since we have had a 17 Ridgeline torn apart all week at the shop.

The previous Ridgeline had adjustable camber at the spindle. The 2017 does not have this. This is probably the issue you are concerned about.
We have created a solution however, and we should be shipping the new version later this week. Our new for 2017 kit with have adjustable camber built in.

This is the major issue with the new Ridgeline. There are other minor changes, but this is the most significant one. We have also changed the rear design to a much easier to install design.

All Ridgeline kits shipping from Traxda will have the new design updates by next week. Since we manufacture everything in house, we can roll out design changes very very quickly.

Cheers
Greg"
Great to know. I'll be ordering their kit and installing it in the spring :grin:

1 - 20 of 228 Posts