Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
14,930 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
When I was shopping for my new car 4 months ago, I found there were some dealers that offered ridiculous prices and others that offered competitive prices. I had a average mileage 2011 Pilot to trade. I always negotiate new car price first (telling them I don't have a trade) then once we have a price on the new car, I get a price for my trade.

Two Honda garages offered 8K for my trade. A Ram dealer offered 10K after some haggling. A F150 dealer offered $3.5K and I just walked out.

Similar with the price for the new car. The two Honda dealers, located within 10 miles of each other were 2.5K apart on price for a 2019 RTL!

Note: there is no point thinking a Ford/Ram dealer knocking 15K off sticker is a better deal than a Honda dealer knocking 3K off sticker as that's just the way it works. I guess Honda has more reasonable sticker prices.

·
Registered
142 Posts
No dealer is going to give you $13,000 off the price of a new truck! RTL-E has an invoice of $39,500. I just purchased one for $38,300. There are factory to dealer cash incentives. And yes the $1,000 loyalty rebate is on all Hondas, 2009 on up. You need a new dealer!

·
Administrator
14,930 Posts
When I was shopping for my new car 4 months ago, I found there were some dealers that offered ridiculous prices and others that offered competitive prices. I had a average mileage 2011 Pilot to trade. I always negotiate new car price first (telling them I don't have a trade) then once we have a price on the new car, I get a price for my trade.

Two Honda garages offered 8K for my trade. A Ram dealer offered 10K after some haggling. A F150 dealer offered $3.5K and I just walked out.

Similar with the price for the new car. The two Honda dealers, located within 10 miles of each other were 2.5K apart on price for a 2019 RTL!

Note: there is no point thinking a Ford/Ram dealer knocking 15K off sticker is a better deal than a Honda dealer knocking 3K off sticker as that's just the way it works. I guess Honda has more reasonable sticker prices.
That's because the only significant variable is how close a dealer is to meeting sales goals. They all pay the same price for the same vehicle regardless of the size or location of the dealership. A dealer who is confident they will achieve a sales goal will be motivated to sell a vehicle below cost. A dealer who has little chance of achieving a sales goal would rather sit on their inventory than lose money on a vehicle if they can't profit from a bonus. You never really know where you'll land the best deal. The harsh reality is that loyalty means NOTHING in this business. Today, dealer A may give you the most insulting offer yet while dealer B gives you the best offer. Next time, that situation may reverse.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts