Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

What Trim package is your Ridgline?

• RT

Votes: 20 10.4%
  • RTS

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • RTL

Votes: 60 31.3%
  • RTL with Navi/Moon roof and everything else....

Votes: 68 35.4%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
What about RTL with moonroof? That is what I have. One option more than RTL and one option less than RTL with moonroof and navigation.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
nevadagarth said:
What about RTL with moonroof? That is what I have. One option more than RTL and one option less than RTL with moonroof and navigation.

Ditto..........

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
I'm adding the rear camera and maybe the back up sensors after the new year.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Same here -- RTL w/moonroof and XM, no nav.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
denvrfan said:
Same here- RTL with moonroof and XM (a must-have) but no Navi (a nice-to-have).

Yes, the XM ! (I finally broke down and got it :D only to get the $77 card in the mail two weeks later :mad: )

·
Registered
218 Posts
Same here, RTL with sunroof, DVD and a whole bunch of other stuff.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have a theory on this trim poll and why it says RTL with Navi and RTL's are highest within our group.

Here's the theory:

Those of us with Ridgelines tend to have a little more money than the average bear, which is witnessed by the shear fact that we bought a 30 thousand dollar truck and not a 15 thousand dollar truck. As a result, we are more likely to have amenities like computers and internet connections in general. It also assumes that those of us who frequent this forum would tend to be a bit more computer literate than those who don't. So, those of us in this forum tend to have a bit more money and internet connectivity and savvy. As a result, the members of THIS group would probably skew towards owning the higher end vehicles with Navi. In addition, those who spend the most money on things are more likely, due to cognitive dissonance theory, to look for reinforcement of their purchasing decisions. This forum serves that purpose as well. And finally, you'll note we have a great many friends here who have customized their trucks. Again signally that the buyers in this forum most likely weren't trying to squeeze every penny on their purchase.

In a nutshell, what I'm saying is, based on our demos, etc., it's logical that we reflect the higher end.

Does anyone know what the actual sales figures are for ALL Ridgeline sales? In other words, how many of each trim level have been sold?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Embo 9 , so are you saying we are better than everyone else? Damn, Ive been trying to convince my wife of that for years! Now that I have proof..I will have her read this post. ....Hah! in your face honey! :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
rtboy1961:

Now you're going to get me in trouble. Just because we buy the expense trucks, (relatively speaking of course), that certainly doesn't mean we're better.....

It probably just means our bank accounts are now a bit lighter than last year....

I wasn't trying to make any social statements about us as humans. More money doesn't mean a better person.......

Just look at Howard Hughes...

My apologies in advance to any friends, family or admirers of Howard Hughes.....

·
Registered
430 Posts
rms56 said:
RTL c/w moonroof
The RTL does not come with the moonroof/sunroof. That was an additional option. The correct listing for that is RTL/SR. Look at your dealers window sticker if you still have it.

Also, if you got the RTL/SR, you got the XM Radio. This is an example of Honda's packaging of options.

I needed (wanted) the sun roof for work, but did not initially care for the XM Radio feature. Now that I have it, I love it!

The RTL with Nav was RTL/NAV or RTL/SR/NAV if memory serves me correctly.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Embo_9 said:
I have a theory on this trim poll and why it says RTL with Navi and RTL's are highest within our group.
And also consider that [apparently] Honda decided to make mostly RTS's and RTL's at first, with only a few RT's available. When I bought about 3 weeks ago, I talked to several dealers that said they were not getting any RT's in at all. As I was considering this purchase, thinking I didn't want to pay the price for what I saw on the lot, a base model WHITE RT showed up, and I bought it the next day. Didn't take me long to realize even the base model has most of what I needed/wanted, in terms of safety and features.

Wish I had heated mirrors, though... :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I should have added a few other catigories. I'm an RTS guy so I didnt know all the other RTL options. I like the Navi and moon roof but could not justify the options. I traded up from a 95 (yes 10 years old) Suburban.
The RTS is lux for me.

·
Registered
430 Posts
farmguy said:
And also consider that [apparently] Honda decided to make mostly RTS's and RTL's at first, with only a few RT's available. When I bought about 3 weeks ago, I talked to several dealers that said they were not getting any RT's in at all. As I was considering this purchase, thinking I didn't want to pay the price for what I saw on the lot, a base model WHITE RT showed up, and I bought it the next day. Didn't take me long to realize even the base model has most of what I needed/wanted, in terms of safety and features.

Wish I had heated mirrors, though... :(
It really is quite amazing how much you get with the "base" Ridgeline. The only reason I went with the RTL/SR was the leather for easy cleaning up after the kids and the sunroof/moonroof for ease of use for my strobe light I use on the job site. I can just open up the roof at a stop light before I get to the site and I am ready to go or leave it off and "blend" in with the traffic to check on things.

Safety, ride, and driving comfort were the most important issues for me and those don't vary across any model.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I did not want the nav , I always know where I am and where I want to be . I enjoy reading the map and figuring out the route that I will be taking, I am very much into geography and geology, also if I want a backseat driver I can remedy that easily . If I encounter a detour , well that is part of the fun , isn't it ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
When I was purchasing my RTL, I've contacted my buddy in a NorCal Honda dealership. He told me that the RTL w/navi moon was really rare, and that's one of my top 5 reasons I've decided to get it. According to the poll, there seems to be a majority in this trim.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts