Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking the car wash guys are reseting my trip meter and now know its not true! I always use trip #1 to see how far I run on a tank of gas, and trip meter #2 for oil changes... I thought #2 was always resetting itself... turns out it only goes to 999.9 then resets to zero.... dosent help much for tracking oil changes, or long road trips :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I just found out about this limitation. How silly. We're going much farther than 999 miles on our upcoming vacation. I guess I'll have to tally every time it clocks out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What's even worse is that BOTH trip meters time out at 999.9...I can't believe Honda did something this stupid!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I did not know this. That is very unlike Honda to do something that dumb when they could have so easily put an extra figure there. One extra figure would have allowed the meter to show up to 9999 miles, more than sufficient for most people.

Although I do not see myself taking any trips over a thousand miles, I can understand where this would be an inconvenience for people on the road a lot. As far as maintenance, such as oil changes, I rely on the oil life monitor. My "A" meter is for trips and my "B" meter is for gas mileage.

·
Registered
311 Posts
This isn't anything new. My 99 Accord has a digital odometer with two trip meters (identical to the RL except a whole lot less snazzy looking) and that car had a three digit limit as well. I never thought it was a big deal to keep track of every time another thousand miles rolls around - pun oh so woefully intended. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah, I found out about the three-digit limit too. I usually reset the 'B' trimp meter to watch the oil changes, but couldn't figure out why it kept resetting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts