Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read here someplace that there was no trip meter?? I just got mine and it has two "A" and "B" plus the odo. right beside it is the outside temp all in the speedo cluster I have the base model ,here in Canada their badge name is "LX"

·
Registered
72 Posts
All Ridgelines have the simple "trip meter". What was talked about was the version that was to be visible through the NAV system. It's there, it's just not activated through the software.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Awesome avatar, Stereolab! :D

Yes, the trip computer that other people have referred to automatically calculates your mpg -- so you don't have to do *math*. :D Also so you can just do it for segments, rather than a whole tank... but as Stereolab said, it's in there for Nav people, just not enabled. Oh well. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
The trip A and trip B meters have a major limitation too. They only go up to 999! That was completely inadequate on our 3,500 mile trip through Canada this summer. I had to keep a tally when we got close to zeroing out. Come on. Add another digit!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
The trip A and trip B meters have a major limitation too. They only go up to 999! That was completely inadequate on our 3,500 mile trip through Canada this summer.
Another good arguement for adding the trip meter function back in your nav system.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Everyone that has the Nav system needs to complain to their dealer, Honda, and everyone else that the trip computer function needs to be restored. If Honda pretends not to listen to us, maybe some noise in the press or printed publications will get their attention. There has been a lot of discussion about this topic in the past but it has been quiet for a while. We need to keep on Honda's case until they give us back the functions that the vehicle already has in place and that we paid for. Do a search of "Trip Computer" and you will find some interesting reading.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Truckin' said:
The trip A and trip B meters have a major limitation too. They only go up to 999! That was completely inadequate on our 3,500 mile trip through Canada this summer. I had to keep a tally when we got close to zeroing out. Come on. Add another digit!
Most people just reset the trip after each tank. So you were getting smoking MPG being worried about the 999 limitation. Heck in my RL I would have been on the 3rd tank by then. Did you buy one of the gas squeezer devices?;) I knew that magnetic one worked liked they claimed it did. I'm ordering it right now.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
We use trip A for each refill and trip B for the full length of the trip. That works great when we go less than 999 miles. We monitored it on our long trip and I made notes so I could add up our total miles.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Does anyone know if the updated Navi CD allows the trip computer to function?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nope! New NAV DVD does not add that functionality nor anything else that I can tell so far :(

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Love yer wheel treatment Vinny. A "one-off" look for very little money! Nice...:p

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanx :)

It should "hold" me over 'til I decide if I want chrome wheels or not in the spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts