Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was posted in another thread, but it was kind of off topic and buried pretty deep, so I am reposting it here.

http://www.thebaseonline.com/ridgeline/outletinstall.html

These instructions tell how to install a 3-output power outlet in your center console. This allows cell phones, etc to be plugged into the center console itself instead of the dash.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks for the effort you went to to document your project so completely. I hope you don't mind that I capture the entire site and saved it as a pdf for future refernce.

Your audio/video install is truely awe inspiring! I've been wrestling with trying to install a video monitor in the dash where the optional mp3 player goes. Does anyone know if you can get the mp3 player bezel without the entire kit? That would make life easy.

Keep up the excellent work djdj. I wish you good fortune with your future projects. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
You can get the bezel through Honda. However, it comes with some sort of adapter harness. Probably for the OEM MP3 player.

edit: forgot...... the bezel is ISO mount and not standard DIN. Not really a big problem. You won't be able to use a DIN cage. Your deck might be easy to mount in the lower stock position.

·
Registered
218 Posts
mugen1 said:
You can get the bezel through Honda. However, it comes with some sort of adapter harness. Probably for the OEM MP3 player.

edit: forgot...... the bezel is ISO mount and not standard DIN. Not really a big problem. You won't be able to use a DIN cage. Your deck might be easy to mount in the lower stock position.
I thank you sir. I will se my friendly neighborhood Honda parts guy in the morning.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Nice clean install. Great pics and instructions. Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spritegeezer said:
Thanks for the effort you went to to document your project so completely. I hope you don't mind that I capture the entire site and saved it as a pdf for future refernce.
Not a problem. Glad to be of service.

Spritegeezer said:
Does anyone know if you can get the mp3 player bezel without the entire kit?
I don't know of any other way to get that piece.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looked at your other install. Man, how much did all the cost. Looks like a pro did it. Did you have to run a second battery? I wish I could do that!! :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kamaaina said:
Looked at your other install. Man, how much did all the cost. Looks like a pro did it. Did you have to run a second battery? I wish I could do that!! :D
Thanks!

Hard to tell what it all cost, it is nearly all equipment that I have had for a long time. Some of it was kind of expensive, though... the CD player itself was nearly $1300 and the DSP below it was $600, so there's about $2k just in the dash. If I were to guess I'd say there's somewhere between $6-8K in equipment there.

No second battery. I'm not really running enough power to need it. It's really only subwoofers that require a lot of power, and I'm only going to be running a single 12".

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm new here an exploring the site- Just found this. I was thinking about attempting adding the plus in the console and then found you did it first!
So much for my original Idea.

I hate seeing the cables running from the dash- I'm doing this soon.
This site and its members ROCk. Thank you!

·
Registered
484 Posts
For the XBox power/eject, I saw someone had modded a wireless controller to add a power button to it (can't remember where, it was at least a year ago). The eject button may not be worth it since you need to get at the console to change the disc anyways...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SSquire said:
For the XBox power/eject, I saw someone had modded a wireless controller to add a power button to it (can't remember where, it was at least a year ago). The eject button may not be worth it since you need to get at the console to change the disc anyways...
I already modded my XBOX to do this. I installed a 1/8" stereo jack in the back that I can plug right into that will allow remote access to both the power and eject buttons.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You really helped me out with this install...YOU DID SOME JOB PUTTING THIS INSTALL TOGETHER WITH PICS AND ALL!!!!
VINNIE:) :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
This along with my hard-wiring and RAM mounting my Radar detector are on the docket for next weekend.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry about that... I was doing some web server configuration yesterday and broke the web server part of it. It is back up and running now.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts