Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was on a couple hundred mile road trip and enjoying the car play with my 6s plugged in. And i hit this patch of no reception and the sound stopped...
I was like... weird! My music and audiobooks are all on the phone not in the cloud.
And yes, somehow it was all gone! I mean i lost all audio data.
I still had my contacts, and pdf books but no audio data was left on my phone....
So I paired up mss. Bee's phone and rocked out on bluetooth for the rest of the trip.

Has this happened to anyone?

Could it have happened because of the passcode and somehow accessing it through the computer caused it to erase?? (i figured it would have completely erased my phone not just sound files.)

Anyhow it's all synked up again and will give it another shot.

25mpg freeway, 21.2 combined according to fuely and about the same on the onboard calculator.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Music is from CD's and other data files. No online purchases.

what's the deal with this PM i got from

HondaCustSvc
ROC Rank: Freshman

CarPlay Issues
Hello eastbayBee,

We are with American Honda Customer Service. We are sorry to hear about your Honda Ridgeline CarPlay issue. We would like to further review your concern. Please PM your VIN, mileage, contact information, and dealership. We look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Mike
Honda Automobile Customer Service
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501

Contact Options:
Twitter: @HondaCustSvc
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Honda/
Automobile Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-999-1009 opt. 7

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Music is from CD's and other data files. No online purchases.

what's the deal with this PM i got from

HondaCustSvc
ROC Rank: Freshman

CarPlay Issues
Hello eastbayBee,

We are with American Honda Customer Service. We are sorry to hear about your Honda Ridgeline CarPlay issue. We would like to further review your concern. Please PM your VIN, mileage, contact information, and dealership. We look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Mike
Honda Automobile Customer Service
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501

Contact Options:
Twitter: @HondaCustSvc
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Honda/
Automobile Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-999-1009 opt. 7
They did that last month on some other problem, too. Can't remember the thread but several people got a PM; however, they obviously monitor this site...

·
Registered
235 Posts
This is definitely the iphone. I have a 6S and it has happened to me randomly twice. All music lost, but everything else in tact. Sync your phone with your computer again and it should come back.

·
Registered
514 Posts
As others have responded, this is a known issue with Apple for at least 6 months with multiple issues, here is just one thread on macrumors Debate Rages Over Whether Apple Music Automatically Deletes Users' Owned Music Collections - Mac Rumors

That said, the CarPlay interface is completely contained in the iPhone itself, the only thing the head unit is providing is a video display, audio amp, and feedback on what portion of the screen you are pressing. Unlike the standard iPod interface the head unit has absolutely no clue what is going on. This is by design so Apple can update CarPlay and App creators can write CarPlay compatible apps without worrying about maintaining compatibility with a bunch of automakers and aftermarket head unit manufacturers.

Let's take a worst case that the Honda head unit sent the iPhone some weird command that wiped out your music - it would still be Apple's fault for allowing an external 'read-only' device to delete content.

Sorry that you had the issue and you had to resync but I say this as an Apple and Honda fan, your beef is solely with Apple and most likely related to the known bugs with Apple Music/iTunes Match/iTunes. There is nothing Honda can do for you - you'll just be wasting their time and yours looking for a resolution from them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As others have responded, this is a known issue with Apple for at least 6 months with multiple issues, here is just one thread on macrumors Debate Rages Over Whether Apple Music Automatically Deletes Users' Owned Music Collections - Mac Rumors

That said, the CarPlay interface is completely contained in the iPhone itself, the only thing the head unit is providing is a video display, audio amp, and feedback on what portion of the screen you are pressing. Unlike the standard iPod interface the head unit has absolutely no clue what is going on. This is by design so Apple can update CarPlay and App creators can write CarPlay compatible apps without worrying about maintaining compatibility with a bunch of automakers and aftermarket head unit manufacturers.

Let's take a worst case that the Honda head unit sent the iPhone some weird command that wiped out your music - it would still be Apple's fault for allowing an external 'read-only' device to delete content.

Sorry that you had the issue and you had to resync but I say this as an Apple and Honda fan, your beef is solely with Apple and most likely related to the known bugs with Apple Music/iTunes Match/iTunes. There is nothing Honda can do for you - you'll just be wasting their time and yours looking for a resolution from them.
makes sense. it's maybe time to put some tunes on a memory stick and just run that in the truck for long trips.
I'm glad it's not on Honda's end.
Cheers!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't forget the SiriusXM Radio is available for three months free if you are not a subscriber in a new car. I am a big fan of the service. My only wish is that the fidelity was better but it beats terrestrial radio with the variety of content offered.

As much as Spotify and other streaming service are quite popular (I do have Spotify as well) there is the convenience of consistent signal from the satellite barring any tunnels and the fact it is easier to navigate menus when flipping through the channel selections. I can't say for certain if Android Auto will be super convenient in the car for music compared to XM or even AM/FM yet since the RL will be my first vehicle with the service and I have yet to take possession of it (hurry October!). I don't work for XM if you're wondering, I just really like the convenience factor of having it in the car. Turn it on, and go!

YMMV and enjoy what you like best for music!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts