Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have been reading all the threads about wind noice and water leaks and malfunctioning turn signals and hesitating trannys and creaking steering wheels and this's and thats...I am beginning to wonder if my truck is one of a kind. I have 2500 miles on my RL and I have had absolutely no trouble with it. It runs perfect and puts a smile on my face every day. What about it. Are there others out there that are as grateful as I am that they don't have any problems?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I see you are rubbing your perfect RL in our faces :) Real mature.

Just Kidding.

I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through what myself and others are on their new trucks. Not even a Ford owner. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
My red RT has been trouble free. Yesterday when the dealer was putting on the hitch and bed extender I showed them the crack that is on the inside of the windshield. They are ordering a new one. So far I have no leaks and no wind noise. I have not always had good luck with windshield replacement and this windshield is huge.

1621 miles and 18.5 MPG.

Tiger

·
Registered
361 Posts
Trouble free at 2k miles

I do notice the hesitating tranny and some very minor defects. Otherwise, problem free at 2k mile. I would be surprised if it is still trouble free at 50K miles, that is the real test.

I got the 7yr/100k mile $0/deductible service contract so I am not too worried.

My Toyota Sienna started to act up at around 50K miles which also planned engineering for warranty.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Trouble free so far. Always cross the fingers on first production of vehicles, I don't care who makes them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine is also without defects to date with 2k on the odometer. I hope those who have problems get them resolved to their satisfaction.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Trouble free and I love the scratches in the bed. When I hauled 1200# of roofing shingles, my neighbor couldn't believe the truck did not sag and said, "geez, you really can haul stuff with that thing!"

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have had the problem with a leak and in some ways I think I am more grateful for my RL than before. I think it is a terrific vehicle and really missed it for the 4 days it was in the shop. I expected some inconveniences since it is so new, and my dealer was great so they really were only inconveninces. If I had to do it again I would still buy an RL even though I had a leak. It is a wonderful vehicle.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I refuse to post my results in this thread for fear of further jinxing my Ridgeline. :D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I completely agree shovelhd. :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Octavivs said:
I have had the problem with a leak and in some ways I think I am more grateful for my RL than before. I think it is a terrific vehicle and really missed it for the 4 days it was in the shop. I expected some inconveniences since it is so new, and my dealer was great so they really were only inconveninces. If I had to do it again I would still buy an RL even though I had a leak. It is a wonderful vehicle.

I'm the same way. Even with the issues I have had I would still buy another one in a heart beat. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned, Honda or otherwise.

L

·
0 Posts
No wind noise, steering wheel still creeks but doesn't bother me because I play my music too loud to hear it, no tranny problems, ivaN is still bright but with 5600 miles on my girl she still has a wet passenger front floor.

Hopefully my dealer will understand these posts and know what's going on enough to fix it on Monday. They will have to replace the carpet. She doesn't smell new anymore. :( We have had rain by the buckets full and it doesn't look like there is an end in sight.

The head mechanic at the dealership says he has heard nothing regarding these issues and no Service Bulletins have been sent to them as of yet!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts