Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure why I thought this time would be different but I swear if a dealer can't visibly 'see' a problem they just say "duh! I don't hear or feel anything" or the typical "oh, that's normal". There must be some audio/tactile training they go thru to desensesitive themselves.

However, the weather Gods were not with me. When they test drove it it was raining and gusting winds around 35mph so you're pretty much going to hear windnoise in any car you drive I guess or maybe it was a tailwind so you'd have to go like 75mph before it would start happening.

At any rate I'm pretty distugsted the saga continues with my windnoise. Of course they didn't hear my radio crackle with static either on AM when driven over rough surfaces like lane markers. They did fix my paint crack to near perfection, replace my wheel and fix the rear window, all the stuff they can phyiscally see.

So then, soon as the storm is over it's back the dealer I go and do a test ride with the the manager. Bah!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Sorry to haer they didn't resolve your wind noise problem. I wish I could be in your vehicle and hear what your hearing. I hear low buffeting, but I can't imagine it could be eliminated. I'm wondering if you could take a decibel meter (radio shack) and measure the decibel level so we have some kind of scientific measurement. Then you can give them a number they can see, and compare to other Ridgelines that they can see. Then you can say make the meter look like that in my Ridgeline. It's very hard dealing with intangibles like noise. It's subjective. To me my Ridge has the fit and finish and ride of a Rolls Royce, but my last vehicle was a 91 toyota 2wd. I doubt a Rolls Royce owner would agree.

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I did the ride along with the service tech he used a stethascope with a long narrow tube on the end of it . He ran the tube all over the front window and 3 spots where he could find THE NOISE . Two were on either side of the rear vision mirror at the rubber seal and the 3rd spot was on the lower seal about where the passenger side windshield wiper is .
Hope this helps . Maybe when you take it back to the dealer you could suggest this method .
Now this is all good to have the tech hear the problem. But will they be able to fix it ?
I shall see and report back to you guys by the end of the week .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts