Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon!
I started my 2006 Ridgeline truck this morning with no problem. My idiot light for low tire pressure has been on this week from the cold drop we had here in Ontario so I decided to put some air in the tires. I ran the truck for about a half hour while I used a 12v air compressor.
I then shut the truck off and turned it on again to see if the tire idiot light needed to reset on start. I also unplugged my 12v air pump at the same time as I was starting it. The truck didn't seem to like this.... The ignition made a click, all the normal lights came on, but no sound as far as starting.
When I tried again, I get all the lights, but no other sound.
Battery is great and I still seem to have power to everything.
I am guessing a fuse blew, but I am not sure.

Here is what I have tried so far.
Different key.
Let it sit for an hour
Swapped the start relay with the rear window relay.
Pulled interior fuses 2,18 and 21.
Inspected larger external fuses 15 and 17

Is there another fuse somewhere that might do this? I am getting absolutely no sounds from the starter at all..not even a click, but all the ignition lights seem normal.
Suggestions are most welcome.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,347 Posts
Could be a number of things but I would say the battery is a likely culprit. . . How old is the one on there now? The cold combined with the idlinging, and heavy draw for the pump probably kept the charging system from keeping up and the battery is now too low on charge. If the battery is on its last legs it will be more difficult to charge and will make the charging system less efficient.

Just because the dash lights are working doesn't mean you have sufficient charge. If you have a charger, put it on the truck and see if you start after a full charge has been reached. If this gets you going, and your battery has some years on it, consider replacing it.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I'll ask the dumb question: Do you have another vehicle/battery to jump it with? If you get it hooked up to a good strong 12V source and the starter stays "silent", then you have more to go on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts