Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found a 1" by 1/4" brass(?) cylinder in my driveway. One end has internal threads, the other a hex head.

Did it fall off of my new Ridgeline? If so, is it important?

I doubt the answer is Yes/No.

PS I've been a lurker for a long time. Got my truck a couple weeks ago.
Hello All.

PPS Subsequently a picture was requested, it is posted below.

L

·
0 Posts
jayhood said:
I found a 1" by 1/4" brass(?) cylinder in my driveway. One end has internal threads, the other a hex head.

Did it fall off of my new Ridgeline? If so, is it important?

I doubt the answer is Yes/No.

PS I've been a lurker for a long time. Got my truck a couple weeks ago.
Hello All.
Hi Jay..welcome to the ROC family. We're glad you decided to come out of the "garage" and join us. :D
Can you take a picture of it and post it for us to see?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I am not sure what the part in question is, but the least I can do is bump this back up to the top!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I think it's the widget that holds the doohickey to the thingamabob that regulates the kanootin' valve, but I can't be sure from the picture. :D
Seriously, it doesn't look at all familiar and I don't think it is real brass, which is pretty rare in cars now days.
Anyway, welcome to the forum and enjoy your RL.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Can't help you with that part, but I'll at least give you a "bump".

Nice color choice. ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
flymuck said:
Nice color choice. ;)

Yup, second best color for an RL! ;)

Are you SURE that came from the truck? I have seen those things before somewhere, but I can't remember where, I seem to think they were related to a canvas cover on a boat or something like that.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcome aboard Jayhood!

Do you happen to have a 3-wheeled push mower around? Your part looks like it could be an axle bolt for a light duty wheel. It also could be a hinge pin for a handle or attachment point for lawn care equipment. 'Course it kinda looks like that pesky keystone bolt that holds the master cylinder and brake assembly together on a Ridgeline.:rolleyes:

Hey, what are you doing this weekend (11/5)? Come to The ROC @ the ROC - that is the Ridgeline Owners Club meet at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio. It will be an absolutely beautiful trip in your Ridgeline across I-80. The leaves are just about at their peak in most areas. I am in the dead center of PA and the colors are stunning! It will be a great trip in a great vehicle on a great weekend to meet some with and have fun with some great people. It just doesn't get any better than that! Would love to see you there. Check the Meets and Greets forum on the main ROC page for info.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I have a bolt very similar to that on my walk behind leaf vac. It holds the rear wheels on. Looking at the pics, I see what looks like rust (which means it's not brass) and a wear pattern around the O.D. that looks like it should thread onto a stationary anchor point and retain a rotating part. Sort of like the bolt that holds a lawn mower blade on to the engine shaft. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
jayhood said:
Here is a picture of the part in question.
It's called a Sex Bolt (no kidding). It has a male counter part that screws into the internal thread end. It is used to attach things to hollow metal doors (door stays, hinges etc) If you have a garage door, this may belong to it somewhere.;)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
It's called a Sex Bolt (no kidding). It has a male counter part that screws into the internal thread end. It is used to attach things to hollow metal doors (door stays, hinges etc) If you have a garage door, this may belong to it somewhere.;)
Woohoo! Sex Bolt! That's the best answer yet! :D ;) :D

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
It's called a Sex Bolt (no kidding).
No wonder I didn't recognize it. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts