Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! Say, I am trying to send some pics of the truck to the board but it says the file is too big (480KB) and it needs to be (270KB) or something like that. I took the pictures with my digital camera so do I set the camera different or can I reduce the picture some other way......No big deal if it's too complicated I just figured I'd send some pics........Thanks Rick...........

·
Registered
459 Posts
welcome to the world of agravation. I had the same problem until I told my wife. ( I hate when shes right but she is very compt. smart) anyway, depending upon your camera, You use the software you loaded into your comp. for croping editing etc etc and resize it there to fit in the web.

·
Registered
668 Posts
yes it is a bit of a pain.

first open the pic in your editing software for pics, then resize the pic, then save it, then go to ROC attachments on the thread you are starting or adding to, browse for the pic (oh yah if you want to renmae the pics before you save them you will know which pic you are attaching at that time)

I had to fumble around with the size the first time till I got it right. Now I resize to the same figures all the time, has worked so far.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I use Adobe Photoshop Elements and use the "save for the web" menu item.

I then resize the photo using the area where you can enter in how many pixels in size you want your picture to be. The pixels dimensions are linked, so I just enter '600' in one of the fields and then check the other field to make sure that it is equal to or lesser than 400. I adjust the 600 number down as necessary until I get something that is 600 x 400 or less.

Most of my pics start out as 5 megapixel images to give you an idea of the original size.

I save the file as a jpeg to my desktop and then go through the following procedure to upload it into my post.

Find the button marked 'manage attachements' in the 'Additional Options' section just below where you type the text of your post.

A window will pop-up that will take you through how to find the file and upload it to the site.

Then you are done. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts