Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

I really like the truck tent my friend has for his F-150. Has anyone seen one offered for the Ridgeline? They're great to have at races! I figure the Ridgeline bed would be o.k. with the tailgate down.

Steve
Black RTL Navi

·
Registered
406 Posts
Nope, I tried a Sportz Truck Tent II on the RL and while you could probably sleep in it, it was a very poor fit.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I thought I'd read about someone on this board attempting (or about to attempt) to modify one that was made for the Avalanche... I'd be interested to know if anyone has found a solution to this, as my RL is due for a road trip in Baja soon! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have looked at these for the RL, and other vehicles, but the best thing around is the rack tent. Spendy...yup, sweet...totally. Search rack tents on google, and you will find what you're looking for. It would be AWESOME to have at the races, in the woods, at the lake, in the desert, or in your acreage. :D

Later

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
if it were me, I would just measure the bed with the gate down...and then go buy the biggest (regular old) tent that will fit.

(honestly if it really were me I would just sleep in a tent on the ground as not to interfere with access to the in-bed beer compartment :D)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have looked at these for the RL, and other vehicles, but the best thing around is the rack tent. Spendy...yup, sweet...totally. Search rack tents on google, and you will find what you're looking for. It would be AWESOME to have at the races, in the woods, at the lake, in the desert, or in your acreage. :D

Later
i know this is late as this thread hasn't seen daylight in over a month but i thought i read that the roof rack can only hold like 150 lbs??

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
i know this is late as this thread hasn't seen daylight in over a month but i thought i read that the roof rack can only hold like 150 lbs??
Over a month!?!? Try over a month and four years on top of that! :eek:

·
Registered
933 Posts
How about as an alternative a teardrop camper?

http://www.golittleguy.com/cms/

There are quite alot of individuals who have built them:

http://www.tomswenson.com/teardrop/index.shtml

Personally, I would build a 12 x 6 with a small head (toilet) to the right of kitchen galley and with 7 x 6 sleeping area, possibly a small bunk too. You could have a radio, your food, bedding, cabinet space, even heat or a/c depending on how fancy you got.

If you built out of quality marine grade wood and used 4 oz fiberglass and epoxy this thing would be super waterproof, light, and strong, but not necessary. It could be built cheaper. You can buy a trailer at Northern Tools or other discount tool place for a simple 8 x 4 camper.

Alternatively, you could build a small camper that fits in the bed using the same methodology as the teardrap camper, a bit longer so you could sleep in it. You could strap it down into the bed. Make it 7 ft long 4 wide and 4ft high.

Both solutions would be better than sleeping in a tent?

RidgeLI

·
Registered
2 Posts
Go to eBay and search for Honda Ridgeline - there is a campershell/tent that is being sold - but it's pricey and doesn't appeart to supply much room inside.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts