Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
T Mac said:

Interesting readig.

" A good example of this compromise is the way Honda engineers straddled the fence between a car and truck platform-- "

Thats exactly what I was looking for. Was trying to get rid of 2 vehilcles, my old GMC 1500 and wife's Diamante. Ridgline did it.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
the article on page 3 states " premium fuel " - But the owner's manual says regular fuel. - Sounds like they want to discourage buying the Ridgeline with mis-information.

·
Registered
993 Posts
T-Mac, you might want to post this as separate thread as well in your review section since we users are unable to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosco.../F01-321519.htm

With good looks and one-of-a-kind trunk, Ridgeline tops Dakota

I guess they didn't get the "Ridgeline ugly" memo.

Detroit News Automotive Consumer Panel, was not alone in her assessment of the Ridgeline versus Dakota. A majority of the panel gave the nod to the new Honda truck -- citing its unusual and family-friendly features -- over the Dodge in a face-off. Only two of the nine panelists who participated in the comparison drive, which took place over the course of three weeks in late July and August, voted for the Dakota.

Panelists used the trucks to haul junk to the local dump and uproot tree stumps.

What!? Don't they know the RL is just a grocery getter? I guess the stumps didn't get that memo either.

Rob Blakeley took a Ridgeline to a private off-road course near Mio and used the Dakota to haul 1,300 pounds of concrete mix from Home Depot.

Some panelists said that even though the Dakota appeared to be the logical choice, the Ridgeline won their hearts.

Awww......that's nice.

·
Registered
578 Posts
From the Det New art:
"The Dodge Dakota is an American truck, made in America and employs Americans to make it," said Detroit retiree Hunter, 57, whose late husband, Jesse Hunter Sr., was a Chrysler skilled-trades worker for 29 years."

Sigh... the Ridgeline is designed in the US, employing US engineers... ok it is built in Canada... but these type of thinking is why the Big 2.5 never made great vehicals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts