Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends, I have a 2017 Ridgeline and today all earning lights came on and I could not shut the vehicle off.

i think this is a wire/wire harness problem. I’ve called both dealerships in town and they say they have not serviced this problem before.

any help/advice is appreciated.

thanks, Joe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello friends, I have a 2017 Ridgeline and today all earning lights came on and I could not shut the vehicle off.

i think this is a wire/wire harness problem. I’ve called both dealerships in town and they say they have not serviced this problem before.

any help/advice is appreciated.

thanks, Joe

I bought a 2017 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition and mine did the same thing. Now the battery is completely dead. I have an appointment with a Honda Dealer next Thursday. Monday evening after the sparking noise and lights flashing, I didn't drive it. I was going to drive it to the dealer today, but it would not start. Battery completely dead. I would appreciate help as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

here is a video of what is happening. I listed what the dealer is saying in the video description. They are saying around $500 for parts and labor.

I think it is not a faulty push button but more like a wiring issue.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think you are correct! If not the keyless start/stop switch, it surely is a wiring issue. I'll post my diagnostic from the dealer tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2019 Ridgeline RT and was doing some work under the hood and removed the air intake for more work clearance. When I put everything back together I didn't connect the mass air flow sensor very well on the intake. When I started the truck I got all of these same warnings, I assumed it was tied to that sensor, from these posts it seems that it is tied to all the sensors.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,267 Posts
My take away from all this is that it sounds to me like vehicles are becoming too complicated! All this tech is great when everything is working correctly, but wow, let one thing get out of whack and the dominoes begin to fall. Yikes.

Reactions: DBowling

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,736 Posts
Dealer said “front right tire speed sensor disconnected.” Fixed it for $115 in labor and all issues went away.
Late to the party here, but I am sure that is a load of crap. Did they give you an explanation of 'why and how' the disconnected speed sensor would prevent the truck from shutting off? With the speed sensor disconnected, I am sure you would have thrown a warning for ABS and vehicle stability systems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts