Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
926 Posts
You're killing me Jason, you're killing me.

· Registered
6 Posts
I just purchased this cover from Jason, he has a great price. I am not expecting my RTL-T AWD until after Christmas. I should have the cover by then ready for installation. If anyone has installed this cover I would appreciate any gotchas that are not covered by the installation process.

Thanks,
Jeff

· Banned
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just purchased this cover from Jason, he has a great price. I am not expecting my RTL-T AWD until after Christmas. I should have the cover by then ready for installation. If anyone has installed this cover I would appreciate any gotchas that are not covered by the installation process.

Thanks,
Jeff
Happy to help. This will be nice to be sitting next to the tree. Keeo the fire going to keep it warm :)

Truxedo Lo Pro at Burtman Industries

Install is very easy. No drilling, and just a screwdriver needed!

· Registered
324 Posts
I had the Truxedo Lo-Pro on my 2008 Canyon. It really is a great cover!

I was hoping that the trunk lid would clear the side rails of the Truxedo so it could open to it's full height. That's the only reason I haven't ordered one. I'm hoping that someone comes out with a similar cover that allows full trunk lid height. Maybe Truxedo will have a model specifically for the RL. Time will tell I guess.

· Banned
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Honestly, this is the best design and you don't have to remove the tie down brackets like the other covers. This is specific for the 2017 model. 06-15 is a different model cover, this is made specifically for the 2017. I've sold quite a few as the HONDA cover seems to leak from what customers keep telling me when they call in to order.

Again, install is very easy. No drilling, and just a screwdriver needed!

· Registered
324 Posts
Honestly, this is the best design and you don't have to remove the tie down brackets like the other covers. This is specific for the 2017 model. 06-15 is a different model cover, this is made specifically for the 2017. I've sold quite a few as the HONDA cover seems to leak from what customers keep telling me when they call in to order.

Again, install is very easy. No drilling, and just a screwdriver needed!

Jason,

I have no doubt that the Truxedo is a great cover and an excellent design. Like I mentioned, I had one on my Canyon and loved it. I just don't care for the fact that the side rails of the Truxedo prevent the trunk lid from opening to it's maximum height. And for my purposes, I really don't need a cover as my RL is garaged all the time. It would be nice to have, but not really necessary. I guess that's why I'm being so picky, lol.

But for all of you RL owners out there who don't mind the trunk lid max height issue, the Truxedo Lo-Pro is a great cover, especially at Jason's price point. (And no, I have no affiliation with burtmanindustries)

· Banned
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thought I'd add this here, forgot to before. From another thread.

Just a quick update: I contacted Jason B and ordered the truxedo lo Pro cover. The price was great, lower than any retailer on line and it shipped the next day and arived a day later, all in all my experience with ordering from Jason B at Burtman Industries was FANTASTIC! Like another member (check the photos section) Pics posted soon.
So , I installed the cover tonight, unfortunately it was already dark outside and my garage does not have great lighting for pics. However I have a few tips for anyone that may be installing the Truxedo Lo Pro, the fit and finish is superb! however the latch mechanism comes installed on the drivers side rail (where the hinge for the swing gate is) it works way better on the passenger side and is an easy swap (if you do it before you install the rails!) the install should really be done with two people, one to hold the rails and compress the gasket while the other tightens the screws. (I will need to adjust mine) the existing torx screws that you loosen and reuse to install the brackets

Again, I'm trying to hold this sale price, but if orders don't come in I have to raise it soon.

· Registered
324 Posts
A possible mod for the trunk lid

I have a question and/or possible suggestion regarding a modification that might allow the trunk lid to be opened to it's full height with the Truxedo Lo-Pro.

How about filing/grinding away the flat surface of the side rails that prevents the trunk lid from raising to it's full height? The only possible problem that I can see is if one of the cross bars for the cover sits in the area that would have to be ground away. Of course you would have to measure how much of the flat area needs to be removed for full trunk lid opening.

For those of you who already have the Truxedo Lo-Pro installed, can you check to see if one of the cross bars sits in the area that would have to be removed?

If it's clear, I'll be ordering the Lo-Pro and make the modification.

· Registered
3 Posts
I ordered the cover from Jason and just received it. He said you just need a screwdriver but the instructions say you need a T-27 Torx and that looks to be the case. anyone know what pressure I'm supposed to tighten it to as I assume you should use a Torx wrench.

· Registered
49 Posts
I picked up a cover and some Weathertechs from Jason too. Great guy to deal with. I'm hoping to install the cover this weekend but I already have the brackets sanded and painted black. The mats went in right away just in time for the white stuff. Thanks again Jason!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.