Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 12x36 x 3/8 HDPE sheet online for about $20.
I cut it lengthwise using a jigsaw with a Bosch plastic cut blade. Then I cut the 3 pieces with a miter box set to 10 degrees on each side so the bottom length is 15 1/2 inches and top comes out approximately 17 inches.
The bottom ends are rounded and beveled a little because the lower part of the slot is tapered.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice job. I tried making some out of plywood and was not pleased with the results, so they became kindling. Never thought of material like you used.

·
Super Moderator
4,719 Posts
That looks great. Is strength the main advantage of the HDPE over the plastic Honda OEM inserts? The cost seems to be about the same for 3 pieces to duplicate the OEM setup.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have only seen pics of the oem dividers and they don't look as strong to me.
One sheet was enough to make all 3 so the total cost was $20.

·
Super Moderator
4,719 Posts
I have only seen pics of the oem dividers and they don't look as strong to me.
One sheet was enough to make all 3 so the total cost was $20.
That makes total sense. Nice job, thanks for sharing--another mod I might be able to accomplish.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Amazon - Seaboard Light High Density Polyethylene Sheet, Matte Finish, 3/8" Thick, 12" Length x 36" Width, Black

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
J21SSI, how high are the dividers? 6 in, half the HDPE sheet? Thanks for a great custom solution that's far more durable then the OEM product! :smile:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thank you for posting. I made mine today. I made mine taller (9.75" height) which made the width 18.5" wide (instead of 17" wide at 6" height). . The bottom was still 15.5". At 9.75" height, the spare tire tray clears. Also drilled finger holes in mine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I cut it lengthwise using a jigsaw with a Bosch plastic cut blade. Then I cut the 3 pieces with a miter box set to 10 degrees on each side so the bottom length is 15 1/2 inches and top comes out approximately 17 inches.
The bottom ends are rounded and beveled a little because the lower part of the slot is tapered.
Thanks to J21SSI for the great idea! I followed his lead a bought my HDPE on Amazon and cut with a table saw. Today I drilled finger holes and routered the edges for a smoother look and feel. Very pleased! Thanks again J21SSI!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks Great. Better than OEM.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts