Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my truck used, but can anyone familiar with the in-bed trunk drain plug tell me if it should have a rubber seal around it? My plug is just a single piece of plastic, no rubber washer or seal on it...

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have a 2010 RTL. The drain up near the cab doesn't even look like a drain but it does. Never took it out. My BAK G2 tonneau cover drain tubes kinda lay in them. And No water collects in bed at all.
Why do you need to know? Are they not draining?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
My former Ridge (RIP) was frequently parked with its butt up, nose down - and the rain water would collect until it reached beyond the upper trunk opening.

And as it often would include leaves/debris it would clog the tiny surrounding trunk drainage openings until it spilled in to my trunk (the first time it was nearly slam full). Honda eval said under these conditions it was normal, then cleaned it all out and AS A COURTESY didn't charge me, BUT with the recommendation to either keep the channel cleaned out or park it differently. I never fully believed that but ....

I eventually had to park it with the nose up - AND leave the drain plug completely removed - to resolve my particular case.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'm talking about the single drain plug in the bottom left of the in-bed trunk compartment (located under the truck bed) not the bed plugs.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I'm talking about the single drain plug in the bottom left of the in-bed trunk compartment (located under the truck bed) not the bed plugs.

Thanks again.
I was referring to Both. As I recall the plug you speak of was one piece.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, cool. Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,268 Posts
No Gasket of any type as far as I remember, and I checked, none there currently

Reactions: hybridamp

·