Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love having the hidden, secure, and cold trunk this time of the year. I picked up a Honeybaked ham this morning and didn't worry about it sitting in the parking lot of another store while shopping.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
It is very convenient! Note that temperatures may rise while driving, due to heat from the exhaust system. I keep a couple of bottles of water in the trunk for emergencies, and have notice that they thaw during a longer drive, even if it's well below freezing. Now I want to leave a remote thermometer in there and monitor it for curiosity.

When transporting temperature-sensitive things, I use an insulated grocery bag or a small cooler, so that any temperature changes are slowed down regardless which direction they are going.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
It is very convenient! Note that temperatures may rise while driving, due to heat from the exhaust system. I keep a couple of bottles of water in the trunk for emergencies, and have notice that they thaw during a longer drive, even if it's well below freezing. Now I want to leave a remote thermometer in there and monitor it for curiosity.

When transporting temperature-sensitive things, I use an insulated grocery bag or a small cooler, so that any temperature changes are slowed down regardless which direction they are going.
Not mine, my 5 gallon jugs in the box with cover will have ice forming by the time I get their. Its a 3 hour mission but that's at temps around +5 and below. Over night if those water bottles freeze in the trunk they aint comin back I don't care how far I drive they wont thaw till spring 2015. Unless of course I cruise to Texas or Florida.:act035:

·
Registered
93 Posts
My brother makes his own wine, and so one weekend I went up to hang out with him in Columbus and we took the RL to pickup the juice...the massive 5 gallon jugs fit great in the trunk...plus if it spilled any, could have just rinsed it out...he usually puts them in his Accord, so he was happy to not have to worry :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts