Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very nice touch by Honda. My 3 year old daughter was playing in the bed with me and I showed her the trunk. Of course she hops in and wants it closed on her. I closed it on her and asked if she could see any light, figuring this is a good way to see if it's sealed up nice. To my suprise she said yes and all the sudden it opens and she pops out. I ask how she did that and she pointed to a release handle on the inside of the lid and I saw it was glow-in-the-dark. Most impressed Honda thought of that.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Now that is a nice detail thar most of us probably never would have found out.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That is cool and thoughtful! I guess I can't lock my kids in the trunk. Just kidding! :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
That is awesome. What's funnier is how you discovered it. I will have to show my 4 yr old that one, once I get it. I'll let him out, I promise. Plus my wife will think I'm nuts (probably just confirming that with her anyway). Wait till I tell this feature to the dealership. We all will stump them on this feature and you'll probably get some looks like you just made it up.

Some one at Honda has a sick humor to thought of that. CLASSIC!

·
Registered
30 Posts
"Some one at Honda has a sick humor to thought of that. CLASSIC!"

I can imagine it . . . at the Honda engineering office:

"Hey George, what's that release handle inside the trunk for?"

"Ever seen the Soprano's? What if someone needs to escape?"

"Good point. Hey, make it glow in the dark so they can see it!"

Or, maybe, some engineer with kids has had enough experience to know you people with kids would do exactly what you did!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I am going to perfrom this test and expand it by covering the glow in the dark material and then I will also be able to test the function of the drain plug while rinsing away the mess left by my kid. I think I will run this plan by my wife first. That little voice in my head is telling me that she might have a problem with my quest for knowledge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts