Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck bed lights work fine for the trunk as long as you do not have a bed tonneau cover. With the tonneau cover closed, the trunk cannot open fully where by the trunk door blocks the lights. There needs to be a light in the truck or the lights in the bed need to be moved closer to the tailgate. :nerd:

·
Registered
323 Posts
If the moved them closer to the rear, there would be complaints that the lights werent centered in the bed. They can't account for every configuration. You could always open the tonneau. Just sayin'

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
When we fist got the G1 Ridgeline and I was driving it almost everyday I put a small stick on battery type light in the trunk. Stick N Click I think I got them at I put them under cabinet because we had more than a few power outages in city not related from storms. Most of our power lines are under ground and I have been in this house my entire life so what we get now is like early 1960s when storms use to come. I think it is from a bunch of new stuff being built new apartment/condo business population growth ect. So I just press the little LED light and it comes on. Sister must have took it off side of trunk when battery went dead or put in something that knocked it off. I don't think they could put in actual light because someone may use it as cooler and if you put it up on lid you would run into problems so best solution might be what I did at one time also have Tonneau Cover so lighting is more affected with it then without.
Just looked now they make the Stick N Click light strip with 5 LED bulbs this would be all the light you need in the trunk. The single LED bulb works very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts