Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like other threads ive read here my trunk is stuck because its too full, no way drilling drain plug out to shift cargo around would work for my situation, Ive read about removing the 10mm bolt under the rubber caps in the truck bed, can someone elaborate on this process I have an entire photography team's cameras locked in my trunk and they need them ASAP.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Pretty straightforward - there are four largish plastic plugs over the bolts. Use a flat-bladed screwdriver or a putty knife or pocket knife to remove them, then remove the bolts underneath.

Afterwards, you'll need to realign the trunk lid in order to make sure you keep the weather seal. But at least you got your stuff out.

Chip H.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Pretty straightforward - there are four largish plastic plugs over the bolts. Use a flat-bladed screwdriver or a putty knife or pocket knife to remove them, then remove the bolts underneath.

Afterwards, you'll need to realign the trunk lid in order to make sure you keep the weather seal. But at least you got your stuff out.

Chip H.
Here's a visual aid based off of Chip's advice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Hope you get your stuff out.

I too fear this and used self tapping metal screws to secure a plastic cover over the switch. If a kid crawls in there and closes the lid, he's gonna be SOL..

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Why couldn't they make a pull lever like in a real trunk?

Thanks and yep, I'm a Maiden fan. Figured I'd use a nice pleasant pic for my avatar and they don't get much more pleasant than the Killers LP. Such a nice smile he has!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts