Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This review states the following concerning the trunk:
to incorporate a deep 8.5 cubic foot secured storage area. The locking lid can be opened with the handle or electronically from inside the cab.
Can the trunk really be opened from inside the cab or is this is a mistake on the review? If you can open from within the cab, I've completely missed it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Redridge said:
I think there's an unlock in the glove compartment...
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of too -- definitely not what they implied in the article, which is that it *opens* from the inside somewhere...

L

·
0 Posts
maybearidge said:
so you can open it for someone else so you do not have to get out...like the bellhop..or your butler
My butler refuses to carry my luggage into the house after I get home from traveling the country. I have to carry my own. :D
It does have an unlock button in the glove box. Haven't used it yet though.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Can the trunk really be opened from inside the cab or is this is a mistake on the review? If you can open from within the cab, I've completely missed it.

True, I just went out to the garage and checked it out. See no use for it, just more Honda smarts.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I believe the thingy in the glove box is to override the lock release so you have a secure area when you valet park. You do valet park, don't you?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You can also use that when you take it to the dealership to have work done to it. I locked the glove box and the trunk and gave them the valet key when they were painting my bumper yesterday. By the way, all is better on the bumper but I found a new scratch that I need to get touch up paint for, wish I knew about it before, I am sure they could have done it at the same time without an issue. I also do this when parking for extended periods of time in random places so that it isn't so easy to get to my toolbag in the trunk.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the replies. I knew about the ability to lock it in the glove box and I knew about the in-trunk release. I don't see needing to open it from within the cab...I was just curious if there was something new I didn't know about my truck.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
RALFIBOI said:
There is a release handle in the trunk. So make sure the body is very dead before you throw it in. :cool:
Or if they are still alive, duct tape their eyes cause the little release lever in the trunk Glows in the dark. :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
WOW, you guys really put dead bodies in there? Won't the blood drip out of the drain plug?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nick said:
WOW, you guys really put dead bodies in there? Won't the blood drip out of the drain plug?

Not if you cut it up and put the pieces in those hefty 55 Gallon trash bags. I'm telling you nothing leaks through them. uhmmmm. so I've heard..... :eek:

·
Registered
626 Posts
gpruchniewski said:
Not if you cut it up and put the pieces in those hefty 55 Gallon trash bags. I'm telling you nothing leaks through them. uhmmmm. so I've heard..... :eek:
And even if the bags do leak, the trunk is really easy to clean out, what with that drain plug and all. Plus, dark red on black doesn't show up too well anyway, in case you miss some spots with the hose.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Nick said:
Yes, but slowly enough that the drops are far enough apart not to leave a good trail... :eek:

·
Registered
127 Posts
SSquire said:
Yes, but slowly enough that the drops are far enough apart not to leave a good trail... :eek:

Well, to be honest, since the only good CSI teams are in Vegas, Miami, and New York I have nothing to worry about. Let the killing spree continue..... :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts