Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a TruXedo Lo Pro from Truck Candy. It arrived three business days later in very good shape. Installed it myself in about 1:15. Very clear instructions and no surprises with the install.

Final result looks nice. Holds up in below zero weather of Iowa cold. Improved mileage by about 1.0 mpg.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Have had mine on my 2008 RTS for about 6 months and it has lived up to my expectations, especially seeing that it was half the price of the BakFlip and keeps the bed just as dry. I have sensed absolutely no mileage gains from my experience with the Lo Pro and was not expecting any seeing that I had no gains with the BakFlip (had that cover for almost 2 years on my first RL) and that is more of a rigid cover than the Lo Pro. Install was easy and adjustment post install was valuable as soon as I figured out the way to get at the tension screws hiding under the front edge of the frame that causes the fabric to tighten up. I was lucky to get one of the first versions sold after Truxedo added the quieting veldro strips to the crossbars as part of the basic kit and not as an owner add on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have been pretty happy with my cover, however I was not happy that they asked me to remove the tie down. I needed it to mount my bike rack and I wanted to use it for tying down loads and mounting my rack. I also didn't like the fact that the rails stop in the pocket of the tie down area. I used alloy spacers behind the rails, so the rails didn't want to bend and it also allowed me to mount my tie down upside down and mount my rack under the cover. I had to drill a second hole in the rails to mount the tie down, but it was easy.
I feel that Truxedo should go the extra mile and include spacers and a second hole, so the tie down can be mounted upside down.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I like what you have done here and am considering modifying mine as to retain the use of the upper front tie-downs. It hasn't really been an issue not having them, but it will be more convenient for sure.

Can you post a specific picture of the spacer you used or draw something/ describe more in detail what worked for you?

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts