Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a Truxedo Lo Pro tonneau cover on order. I've used this exact tonneau cover before and have this on my current F150. It has survived winter snow loads and hurricane strength winds and years of use with no problems. Below is an installation for the rail system.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have this on my G2 RL. It seems the instructions have improved. The best part is it uses the factory torx bolts instead of using clips like it does on the Fords and Chevys, so the installation is more secure and tighter - less likely to loosen over time.

Reactions: G2RL

·
Registered
101 Posts
Do the rails allow the trunk lid to fully open on this model? Can someone post some pics?
About 85% up. The trunk lid goes up against the underside of the cover, but I have been able to get everything in and out of the trunk without rolling back the cover. Using the lever to unlock the back of the cover make it easier to close the liftgate in either mode and keep the seal on top of the bed by pressing down the cover after the liftgate is closed. The only downside is that it would be better if the lever was on the right side since it is on the hinge side when using the liftgate as a door.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I have one, it's a decent cover for the price. I'm going to sell mine as it's irritating that i have to open the tailgate every time to close the cover properly.

I'm going to go for a BakFlip MX4. I've had BakFlip in the past and they are amazing covers. Obviously more expensive though.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I stripped out one of the middle brackets when tightening the M6 bolts... stupid wrench was set to proper resistance but its old and so it wasnt popping properly to tell me it was too tight.

Anyways... does anyone know if these can be fixed?! its bent now inside behind the bed panel and im not sure how to fix it or if its possible to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
With the cover folded back does the trunk bed impact the rails when it's lifted up? Also how water tight is this cover from your experience?

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
With the cover folded back does the trunk bed impact the rails when it's lifted up? Also how water tight is this cover from your experience?

As with every cover, yes the trunk is impacted.

Seems pretty good on water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
928 Posts
We've had this cover for about 2 months now. Love it. No problems. Even had about 8 inches of wet heavy snow on it a few weeks ago. Took it without problems.

Reactions: G2RL

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
We've had this cover for about 2 months now. Love it. No problems. Even had about 8 inches of wet heavy snow on it a few weeks ago. Took it without problems.
What rims/tires are you running?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Reactions: chrisnack

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Had a chance yesterday to get the tonneau cover on. From start to finish it probably took about 25 minutes. Fit and finish is tight.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Had a chance yesterday to get the tonneau cover on. From start to finish it probably took about 25 minutes. Fit and finish is tight.
G2RL - do you notice issues with your cover when opening/closing the tailgate? chrisnack mentioned issues with the seal.

I am fine if the cover requires the tailgate to be down in order to close the cover, but don't want to have to flip the cover up to reattach every time I open/close the tailgate.

·
Registered
928 Posts
You can open and close the tailgate at will.

Reactions: IRL
1 - 20 of 50 Posts