Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone installed this tonneau that can give some pointers? I have set and reset the rails over and over and the last twelve inches of the top won’t roll out, too wide and sets on top of rails by about a .25” each side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone installed this tonneau that can give some pointers? I have set and reset the rails over and over and the last twelve inches of the top won’t roll out, too wide and sets on top of rails by about a .25” each side.
Having the same issue and getting very frustrated. Thinking about returning. Were you able to come up with a solution?

·
Registered
77 Posts
before throwing in the towel - measure the diagonals . rear left corner of cover to front right corner and then the other diagonal. IF THEY ARE THE SAME - its an installer issue and the front by the cab is probably not square to the bed. Try making adjustments in the front, a very minor adjustment there plays out significantly by the time you roll it out to the tailgate. I have a Truxedo and had the same issues- not quite 1/4" but it did take some fiddling to get right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for feedback. After fiddling with it a bit longer I got it to close albeit very tight. Hoping it loosens up over time. Thanks again

·
Registered
2021 RTL
7 Posts
I stumbled upon this thread because I was having issues with my install. For anyone else that may come across this, I would use those wood clamps you can get from the hardware store to help push the rails against the bed. That is if you dont have an extra pair of hands to help you. I was able to push it by myself just enough for the cover to slide and close but it deff isn't smooth and I'm not sure if it will loosen and get better, I'm going to readjust it later once I get some clamps.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
3 Posts
Any updates on experiences with the Sentry CT? I installed one yesterday and had the same issue as previous posters. The cover is pretty tight in the last 12 inches of the rail. After hours of playing with it, I was finally able to get it to close and latch, but it takes a lot of force for the latch. Do they get any smoother, or are there any tricks to getting them to fit better?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've also had the problem with my Sentry CT. The other issue I had was the "center" locking tabs on the cover wouldn't engage. The way the brackets are set up the bolt head on the center bracket hits the bottom of the cover, not letting the tabs get low enough to lock into the rails.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
3 Posts
You're right, I just checked mine and the edge of the middle latch hits that screw and stops it from latching. Very disappointed with this product.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You're right, I just checked mine and the edge of the middle latch hits that screw and stops it from latching. Very disappointed with this product.

I ended up drilling holes through the rails and bracket to relocate the bolt. It now hits on the rubber part of the cover, but at least it will catch now. I wasn't very happy with the poor design quality on a cover that costs about $900.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having the same issue with the sentry model installing on a 2021. There is 5/16” differece in width between rails from front to back. Will call Truxedo on Monday to see if they have a solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having the same issue with the sentry model installing on a 2021. There is 5/16” differece in width between rails from front to back. Will call Truxedo on Monday to see if they have a solution.
I contacted truxedo and their reply was I did not install the rails properly. At the rear of the truck I needed to lift them and push them out a bit. the brackets were already as high as they could go so I put a pancake washer between the bracket and rail. This allowed me to move the rail out a bit further and the cover now closes and latches.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts