Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many of you have installed them, so I'm wondering, what is the difference? Why is the Truxx lift $400+ and the FB lift $250??

My instinct is to go with Fat Bob's lift, because it's cheaper and I can't tell a difference between it and any other lift I've found. But, if it's a quality issue, I'll pay extra for that.

Any ideas? Thoughts? Any feedback is appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I found the Truxx lift for 2 something and installed it this weekend....

Price hunt harder
Lol, well, why would I need to price hunt harder if they're the same? And if so, I'd probably just buy Fat Bobs... I actually found one for $216 with free shipping (not from Fat Bob's). But, is the Truxx lift better quality?

I guess I'm just looking for somebody who might know more about both lifts than I do to tell me their opinion as to which is better?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I can't say if one is better than the other because I've only seen one, but if I remember right I found them for the same price and just went with the Truxxx.

After doing my lift the biggest things I'd look for are the sway bar links, and making sure the front spacers do not need to be rotated in order to fit. The rears are easier to install imo so the rotation is no biggie.

I put a hole in my passenger side inner cv boot and somehow got a hole in my driver outter cv boot so be careful with them. Now I just paid $140 to have two new axles mailed to me and have a new project for this weekend.

I did not remove my axle nut and that could've been why I ripped my boots.

Not gonna sugar coat it, the front spacers are not fun. Good luck and fatbobs has a great writeup on how to do the job with pictures, highly recommend it and wish I'd seen it before doing mine.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The new RL I saw at the Honda dealership floor a year or so ago was a Truxx lift if that has any weight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't say if one is better than the other because I've only seen one, but if I remember right I found them for the same price and just went with the Truxxx.

After doing my lift the biggest things I'd look for are the sway bar links, and making sure the front spacers do not need to be rotated in order to fit. The rears are easier to install imo so the rotation is no biggie.

I put a hole in my passenger side inner cv boot and somehow got a hole in my driver outter cv boot so be careful with them. Now I just paid $140 to have two new axles mailed to me and have a new project for this weekend.

I did not remove my axle nut and that could've been why I ripped my boots.

Not gonna sugar coat it, the front spacers are not fun. Good luck and fatbobs has a great writeup on how to do the job with pictures, highly recommend it and wish I'd seen it before doing mine.
Thanks for the info. I downloaded the PDF from Fat Bob's a week ago and will use it either way I go. I appriciate the feedback.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks I found that one. Unfortunately it's 80 to ship to Canada

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Pressed in studs i think is the only difference between some of the lifts like ready lift etc...they are all steel and welded the same so i don't think their is any difference but the name...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is fat Bob's a good quality lift kit for 2007 ridgeline mine has got 265/70/17 and they rub hopefully with 2" they wont if anyone knows let me know it call for 245/65/17 from factory????

·
Registered
119 Posts
I´m also using 265/70r17 with the 2" lift kit and they rub very little, only on a full turn both ways, I don´t mind because is not damaging the tire or the mudguard but it also depends on the type of tire, the same size in Bf´s was rubbing a lot more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts