Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife got me a Truxxx 2" lift for Christmas and I am looking to install this weekend. The box that I received did not have sway bars in it, and don't know if she got the package that came with them or not.

Is this something that I will have to have to install the lift? Can the stock Sway bar links be used with the lift or do I need to wait and get some.

Regards,

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Go to there site. I think you can install with stock or their links, they have to kits. If you want their links it will cost you another $110.00 I believe. Or maybe return for the kit with the links. Make sure you have their alignment specs to. Just call them and ask your questions there pretty good about it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spoke to someone in the sales dept at Truxxx very nice he is going to make me a deal and only charge me the difference between the kit with no sway links so that's cool.

He made it sound like I needed the links however he is sales. Can the install be done using the stock links until the new ones come in?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Koromo,
You will need to wait to do the install. Your stock links are too long. 2" to be exact. See you are adding a 2" block to the top of your shock tower and the mount for the front sway bar links is on the strut tower so it has to be shortened. The rear sway bar links are mounted different so stock ones will work just fine. Be sure to do them in pairs (front and rear) because this will release the tension off the links. Download these instructions they were the best ones I could find when I was doing mine. Even gives you all the torque specs.

http://www.fatbobsgarage.com/instructions/70200.pdf

Be sure to have new axle nuts for the front because the old ones will be trashed after you take them off and it is recommended. Search this (26mm-1.50 x 23mm Spindle & Axle Nut (2 pieces)) on amazon they are tricky to find anywhere else (these were nice and worked great). Also once you remove the axle nut and wrap the rag around the bottom of the knuckle you will have to use a dead blow hammer to "persuade" the axle back out of the hub. This will prevent you from pulling the axle out of the trans. And lastly when you are trying to put the nuts back on the top of the front shock tower they are impossible to see. I used a piece of masking tape over the top of the nut and shoved it in the socket so it would not fall out as I was jabbing it around in there.

Hope this helps and post some pictures of the end result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts