Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to install IHEARTRADIO for Auto directly to my Ridgeline (2nd Gen) but keep getting that the version of Chrome is outdated and
needs to be updated to Google Play. I try to install that and I get that the page is wrong, moved, exc.....

What are my options>

Here are pics of the screens.....

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the final screen.
I have tried doing this at night, in the day.
through WiFi.....

I asked at the Honda Service when I had my first
oil change and they didn't know.....

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've read a little about loading apps onto the Honda head units. You may want to review the XDA forums and search for "honda permissions" and "S_Mike". He developed an app that allows loading some other apps. I believe the long forum thread has "honda connect" in the title.

Paul.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes the stock radio does not support installing android apps. As scholtp stated someone on XDA has been developing a workaround but it's still complex at this point.

·
Registered
410 Posts
It would be very cool to sideload Waze... best app out there... at least for driving.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just FYI they are supposed to release Waze to Android Auto Q1 next year

·
Registered
37 Posts
I see a Pixel and Project Fi in my future if that happens.
Yeah I have been purchasing Nexus phones since the Galaxy Nexus have had the 5 and the 6 and was awaiting the Pixel but the price kinda shys me away from it. See if the have a sale or may wait to see whats released next year.

Friend uses project fi and likes it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
can you confirm the benefit of the screen protector againt fingerprint all around ?
Works pretty good, don't see any fingerprints. Lose a little clarity tho. I don't even notice it anymore. I don't have to worry about scratches, I can live with the trade-off

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts