Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just a question, are we talking about Windshield noise while driving or
the noise caused by air moving across the side window shields?? It is usually
a whistling sound. Second truck I have had this, most likely caused by lower
forward end of shield to close to outside mirror.

Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
So older RL's has noise from the Windshield that was repaired by following the TSB # 05069. One could assume that all RL's manufactured after the TSB was released would be free of the wind noise.
A friend purchased a 2013 RL that was wind noise free. Her windshield got cracked and was replaced with a Honda Windshield. Now she has the dreaded windshield noise. I suggested she bring a copy of the TSB to the dealer for them to apply the fix, and she did. The dealer said that the TSB fix was for previous years RL and didn't apply to 2013. They also said they couldn't find a problem with her new windshield install.
My questions....

Was something changed in the RL design or Honda windshield design after the TSB to fix the wind noise on newer RL's?

Should the TSB fix still apply to newer RL's that had the original windshield replaced?

Was the fix for frame/molding design or maybe just positioning of the replacement windshield?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a question, are we talking about Windshield noise while driving or
the noise caused by air moving across the side window shields?? It is usually
a whistling sound. Second truck I have had this, most likely caused by lower
forward end of shield to close to outside mirror.

Mike
In this case the truck had no wind noise until after the Windshield was replaced.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Now that you mention that when I bought my truck earlier this year due to faulty window gasket (Safelight and dealer both stated have to replace windshield) I now suffer from noise coming from the windshield

In this case the truck had no wind noise until after the Windshield was replaced.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts