7,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gap Between the Front Bumper and the Fender/Headlight
Applies To: 2009 RIDGELINE – From VIN 5FPYK1...9B000001 thru 5FPYK1...9B103394

SYMPTOM
There’s a large gap between the front bumper and both
the fender and headlight.
PROBABLE CAUSE
The front fender is not adjusted properly.
CORRECTIVE ACTION
Remove the front bumper, and adjust the lower fender
support.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for the heads up
I will go outside and check it out

·
Registered
565 Posts
The right side of my 09' where my bumper meets the fender is too tight. It's causing the bumper side to flare out, I keep trying to pop it back in but ends up popping out again. I'll have to show it to them for my first maintenance service.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Gap Between the Front Bumper and the Fender/Headlight
Applies To: 2009 RIDGELINE – From VIN 5FPYK1...9B000001 thru 5FPYK1...9B103394

SYMPTOM
There’s a large gap between the front bumper and both
the fender and headlight.
PROBABLE CAUSE
The front fender is not adjusted properly.
CORRECTIVE ACTION
Remove the front bumper, and adjust the lower fender
support.
No such problem on the Canadian built Ridgelines:D
Let's not talk about the leaks, okay?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I've had a gap between the bumper and fender on the passenger side, where my truck was hit. Now that I know there's an adjustement that can be made, I'll have to pull the bumper and see if this will help.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thank god!!! Finally a fix for this. Drives me nuts everytime I walk the passenger side. Looks like a weekend project. Rather do it my self then trust Honda to do it without scratch or messing something else up. Great find!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
My '07's bumper kept popping out of place where it met the front fender right by the headlight. I always had to "snap" it back in.
I have to do the same thing EVERYTIME I take it off road. Also, the wiper fluid holders bracket brakes at least every three months. Just pop it back into place. I took it back to the dealer for service and they said it was just a common dysfunction... hmmmmm

·
Registered
565 Posts
Took my RL to the dealer to have this fixed for a second time. They installed a new bracket/shim this time. It's a little better but it looks to have popped out a little on my drive home, but I'll live with it.

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
Mine is not perfect but a lot better. They evened it out with the other side anyway..but still has a little popped out section.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I have had that problem on the 2007 RTL a few times.
Never took it back to dealer for this just knocked it back into place.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
My 2006 has the bumper cover pop out by the headlight too. I suspect the 100+F temps are doing it.

Chip H.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem on my '10. Big thanks for posting the TSB.
No such problem on my Canadian '06.
My dealership tried 3 times. Now I'm waiting to meet with the regional rep. on 9/15/10.
The gaps on my fenders are obviously different.
Rt. side (w/ popping bumper cover) is much lower and farther forward, and is also pressing on the headlight.
Lft. side is so far up and back that is is rubbing on the post at the base of the windshield.

I'm interested in the involvement of the regional rep. Anyone have experience with that?

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's funny. My dealership just did this bulletin on my 2010. Before I brought it in they acted like it was a hot off the press bulletin.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts