Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Parts came in and were installed the next day! There is now a new, redesigned, foam piece behind the bumper skin and redsigned clips. There are longer "tabs" which mount firmly to the frame providing more rigidity to the assembly. The skin now fits perfectly and the gaps are non exhistant. I am planning a trip to Mackinaw City/Mackinac Island so we will test it out on the road... Towing of course.:act006:

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
That's interesting. Maybe I need to press my dealer to do the latest fix. Mine is much better than new, but still some gap there I'd like to see gone.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Can u post some pics Duck? I wanna be able to show the dealer. Oh, maybe a pic of the work order too?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got the same gap problem on my 10' Ridgeline. Took it in once already and they said they replaced a clip of some kind. a week later the gap was back. So I printed the TSB for the 09' to bring to the dealer, hopefully they fix it right this time.

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
It's still amazes me Honda put that much attention on fixing the front bumper and still use plastic pulleys for the rear seats.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I've got the same gap problem on my 10' Ridgeline. Took it in once already and they said they replaced a clip of some kind. a week later the gap was back. So I printed the TSB for the 09' to bring to the dealer, hopefully they fix it right this time.
Good luck with that, I have had mine in twice...got the clip replacement answer twice. Two days later it was back the way it started...twice. I plan on pulling the bumper myself someday when I get some time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Its barely better than it was before, this time around they pulled the whole bumper off and tried to realign it.....Gap still exists. If I have time this weekend I'm going to try and fix it myself, with the 09' TSB. Has anyone had a different fix that has worked for them?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Guys,
I don't think the new fix is in TSB 09-083. This is a brand new procedure just developed by the techies out West. Soooooo, I don't think taking the TSB to the Dealership will get you anywhere new. Pulling the bumper skin off will most likely get you to the same place with more sweat. IMHO, you should consider taking your RL to the dealership and, if they are unaware of the new procedure to fix this issue, ask them to call their regional Honda rep. You might want to suggest that you know of a new procedure using new foam and redesigned clips that are subsequent to the subject TSB. As for pics, I'm not taking the bumper skin off. LOL I can take a pic of no gaps and bug splats if you like...

As for the work order. The dealer told me that they had to send it to Honda to close it out so a copy would not be available until that time. I told them that I require a copy for my service records and asked them to mail me one. Ill post it as soon as I get it. Or, I'll post a story about thrashing that took place to get a copy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Going back to the dealership on 8/1/11 (3rd time). They've been talking with Honda reps on this now that I called Honda, they are going to ship out a whole new front bumper. I'll get some before and after pics up soon.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Mocha Metallic. They have that at StarBucks? Sounds delish.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, I met with service division yesterday and the regional rep was there too. They have new parts they plan to put in tomorrow or Friday and hopefully this will fix the problem on mine. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got the RL back yesterday the bumper looks good. They ended up sending the truck to a body shop where they mentioned something about the foam causing issues in the center of the bumper. So, I don't know if this is the same fix as what is on the new TSB but whatever they did it looks great no more gap.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So far so good on mine. Got it done yesterday along with the spoprty grill installed. From what I understand they put new/more brackets in with epoxy. Looks good so far. Finally after 13 months of back and forth...

·
Registered
73 Posts
The results are in: After a 2000 mile trip through the Yooper and back towing near max capacity... NO GAP. Hooray Honda! Now lets talk about this 10 mpg stuff... LOL

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just had this bulletin done to my 2010 under warranty. The dealer didn't even blink an eye and knew all about the problem. The only thing was I had to wait a day for the shims to come in from the warehouse and make a second appointment.

Here are the part numbers:
71191-SJC-A00 Spacer R FR BPR S
71196-SJR-A00 Spacer L FR BPR S
Part# 04711-SJC-A80ZZ (Bumper Mount?)
FC: 06201-7406

Says "corrected per bulletin L/OP 8100A4"

I dropped the car of at 8:05am and they called me a 9:17am to say it was done.

The appearance looks much better and the tech even took the time to clear the dried wax out of the seam (thanks dude!) it really looked gross before! Who would have though so minor a gap to collect so much gunk?

Anyway, I hope those part#s help if anyone needs to do this. Looks like it could be tricky to DIY, but possible.
Well, it didn't quite last a year and it pops out occassionally. I can duplicate popping out by pressing on the front bumber between the center of the grill and the RH headlight. I have an oil change due soon so I'm going to have them take another look.

For those of you that had repeated trips to the dealer to fix this, did they do anything differently to affect a permanent fix?

·
Registered
934 Posts
I noticed a gap on the passenger side when I washed my RL a couple of weeks ago.I'm not going to bother with it.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts