Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I took mine in 3x. On the 3rd attempt the dealer just sent it to a body shop to do the work. I guess there was something wrong with the foam in the bumper causing it to bulge out. Tell your dealer to call Sims Honda in Burlington WA. They should be able to provide assistance as they now know what the best fix is. Otherwise try calling Honda, they will work the issue with whatever dealer you go through.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got mine fixed today. Took them about an hour and a half to change the oil and fix the gap,dealer said mine was the first one they had done!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Here's pics of mine. It was fixed last November and made it all the way to August 2011 and then it popped out. I don't even bother to push it back in as it will pop out as soon as I drive.

Going back in Saturday for dealer to correct. Hopefully they'll fix it right this time.

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
^^That's exactly what my '09 RTL looks like. Was the dealer able to get yours fixed?
Not yet, the service manager called me back and said that they had talked to Honda Canada and the solution is to take it to a local body shop. They've apparently done a number of repairs for this dealer and they stay fixed.

I've been playing phone tag with the dealer and will try and get an appointment soon. It's not huge on my priority list, but I do want it fixed before any warranty expires.

Update: Just scheduled this for Sept 30. Honda will ferry it over to their "preferred" body shop. All under warranty. Apparently the fix is to add shims and spacers to the bumper. I just hope it doesn't make any of the body panel seams larger than they already are. Too much dirt leaks through as is.

Edit - it's in the shop right now. Hopefully it will come back fixed permanently (or at least for as long as I own the truck!) Of course I washed it quickly this morning and now it pouring down rain!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone firgired out the fix for this issue? I replaced my clips that are in the TSB and my bumper pooped right out after reinstalling it. I noticed it sagges downward at the grill area and caused the side to unclip. Any help please would really help

·
Registered
123 Posts
I installed the styrofoam filler (from the 2006-2008 RL) that fits between the steel bumper and the bumper cover last year. The holes that locate the styrofoam piece are in the steel bumper on the later RL's so it fits like it was installed at the factory, you can feel the bumper cover "pop" into place when you slide it over the styrofoam piece.
The gap has not come back. The filler keeps the front of the cover from drooping causing the gap.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Had mine to the dealer 3-4 times for this, finally their body shop fixed it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just got my RL back from the dealer after they sent it off to the body shop to fix this issue on my '14 Sport. It's not perfect, but it looks a lot better than it did and it hasn't popped back out yet.

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
It was an issue that popped up in '09 with the front bumper design change. It continued into 2010. The dealer tweaked mine and was able to get it looking fairly normal, to domestic car standards anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Give it time. :)
Oh I'm fully expecting it to pop out at some point again. I had the truck in to the dealer to have the front struts replaced because they were creaking, and also because of the front bumper gap issue, and also because the right rear tail lamp housing was rubbing on the rear bumper cover and removing paint.

They fixed all of that, and when I got my truck back I got pulled over for not having any brake or running lights in the back. All of the bulbs in the rear were blown except for one reverse light.

The truck also has two doors that aren't aligned properly with the body of the vehicle. The lower part of the dash by the cubby area does not fit properly and will not "snap in" all the way, there's always a gap.

I figure one thing at a time. Eventually, by the time it's paid off it will be right.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
A TSB is not a recall or extended warranty item - it's a service bulletin that gets distributed to dealers so they know how to fix common issues.

So, unless they agree to pay for it under good will, you'll have to pay for the work yourself.

Chip H.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts