Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

241 - 248 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi, Thanks.

I am from Costa Rica , i bougth a rigeline 2017 16 weeks ago to Honda dealer en Costa Rica, i had the same problem, at the firts time that a gave the car, i said to the people of FACO (Honda Dealer) that i gess the problem come of the trasmition, went i was about 70 mph, i feel movement and noise.
At this moment teh dealer
months have changed, the two front shock absorbers, all 6 injectors, and until the previous week they told me if it could be the transmission.
It seems that the transmission is going to change.
But the question arises ... the automatic transmission H6 came out with many problems and that is why after three years they changed it for the ZF.
I no longer trust that the transmission change is reliable, do you know if any representative in the United States has proceeded to make changes or returns of cars for 2020 versions that do not have the new transmission?
See if you can present the TSBs (technical service bulletin) listed above. There is a software update along with a transmission fluid flush that can be done to fix this particular issue.

It worked like a charm for me. No issues since.

¡Pura vida!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I thought my torque converter was screwed up. I'd get a nasty rattle noise when VCM engaged, and every now and then between shifts (2nd to 3rd gear I think). I took the truck in and took the mechanic for a ride. He figured it's the rocker arms. Truck is in right now getting them all replaced under warranty. Will report back whether or not it fixes the issue.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
So at 92k miles on my 2017 RTL AWD I started to get a transmission judder exactly as described in TSB 17-025. The MM system has only prompted me to change the transmission fluid 1x at 47k miles and I am still about 3-4k from my next estimated MM. Based off this forum and the piloteers forum we just did a 3x drain and fill. So far it seems to have fixed the issue. Probably won't bother with the reprogramming since the intervals the MM is calling for seem to be quite long. (When I did some calling around to dealers to describe the issue, they proclaimed that at 90k miles we should have done the transmission 3x already, but dealer schedule vs MM is another topic.) So the thought for us at the moment, with mostly freeway driving, is to go with a drain and fill every 30k miles independent from the MM codes. If 30k drain and fills do not keep the judder at bay, then we may consider getting the reprogramming done. As a side note, we plugged in our scan gauge and drove maybe 20 miles mixed city and freeway at ~40F ambient temps. Transmission hung out at about 140-150F.

·
Super Moderator
1,859 Posts
30k seems like a good frequency for this transmission. Possibly too do a Analysis on the fluid somewhere. I used Blackstone labs but there are others that might do a better job on the Analysis.

·
Registered
1 Posts
30k seems like a good frequency for this transmission. Possibly too do a Analysis on the fluid somewhere. I used Blackstone labs but there are others that might do a better job on the Analysis.
I have a 2017 Pilot with 6AT. Members have helped me to start working through the AT overheating and judder problems. I live in Midwest. My problems started after taking car on road trips through mountains at 30k with only light loads. Fluid definitely overheats in mountains for me but car has never given me any OBD transmission code. One thing that helps is turning off the Econ button (minimize VCM?). This seems to minimize shifts but I need to confirm this result with a scan tools or scope on a known problem stretch of road. I found that leaving drain plug off for 96 hours will yield approximately 6.5 quarts of transmission fluid. If you have time to let car sit for days then this will save money on repeat flushings. Next step for me is to rebuild transmission and survey the damage and confirm whether turning off Econ mode should be permanent.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a 2017 RTL-E with 45k Miles. I started to notice the TC Judder about 3 weeks ago, I brought it to the Dealer and they confirmed that was the issue and updated the software and flushed the Transmission.

Now it’s worse!! It’s SO annoying that I punch the accelerator through that spot ( ~1650RPM - 30-40 MPH)

I ALSO have the Backup Camera issue, the dealer has to order the Harness, I’ll have them check the transmission again when I go back.

The Dealer is Covering the Back up camera harness under my Honda Care policy, otherwise it would NOT be covered.

This is my first Honda after a lifetime of Toyota’s—Go ahead, ask me how’s that’s going?

Cheers,
Tru...ar

·
Registered
1 Posts
When under light throttle going up an incline, I notice that the engine surges. I can see it bouncing the tach just a bit. Has anyone else noticed this? And is there an explanation for why this happens? If I accelerate, it disappears.

·
Super Moderator
1,859 Posts
Possible fuel injector problem (read the fuel trims with a OBD II reader to see what they are doing at that point in time) or a torque converter or fluid replacement needed along with a possible reprogramming if it's a 2017.

241 - 248 of 248 Posts